AndrewL - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Editing halos are from over sharpening?. I only sharpened 2x which what i normally do.

TIA
    Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
      Hi

Editing halos are from over sharpening?. I only sharpened 2x which what i normally do.

TIA
      Andrew
      No, halos are not related to sharpening.

Comment

Hi

I cant win. I had this photo rejected for Horizon unlevel again

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I used the back ground posts for vertical alignment but i am guessing the post to the right was not straight. The instruction (through email and appeal) was to rotate counter clockwise.
        I corrected the rotation and submitted the picture again.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

and get the same rejection. Can someone please tell me what i should have done?

TIA
        Andrew

Comment

Hi

I cant win. I had this photo rejected for Horizon unlevel again

I used the back ground posts for vertical alignment but i am guessing the post to the right was not straight. The instruction (through email and appeal) was to rotate counter clockwise.
          I corrected the rotation and submitted the picture again.

and get the same rejection. Can someone please tell me what i should have done?

TIA
          Andrew
          Well you've already appealed and received advice there, so not much else to say. The point is to come here for advice before appealing or re-submitting the image.

Comment

Hi

Regarding previous post.

I went on the recommendations of the submission email and appeal (the posts leaning to the right). I rotated the image counter clockwise as suggested. After this last rejection however if i rotate counter clockwise more, the posts will be leaning to the left.

Regards
            Andrew

Comment

And you went and appealed again anyway. You rotated it the wrong way. As the first rejection clearly stated, counterclockwise rotation was needed, but you rotated it clockwise, making the horizon even worse. If you'd read the first rejection's comments (and those on the appeal) this could have been avoided, but instead you just decided to try an appeal again. Not going to get much advice from me if you don't bother to read the rejection comments, and then come here after (both) appeals unsurprisingly fail.

Comment

Hi Dlowwa

Thanks for your honest response and I apologize as it was not my intention to be so short. I misunderstood what was required and became too focused on the posts. I thought I had rotated counterclockwise but I was wrong and appreciate your time is probably limited to answering these forums.

Regards
                Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected due to contrast issues. The screeners comment was that the darker tones are too low, this i can see on the RGB histogram.

The picture may have been taken on a hazy day but i can usually fix that with de-hazing and contrast increase. I have tried tweeking the blues (being the darker tone) in lightroom but am unable to increase the height of the darker tones on the histogram. Increasing the contrast did not appear to have any effect (only widened the histogram). Or is the picture even salvageable?

TIA
                  Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected due to contrast issues. The screeners comment was that the darker tones are too low, this i can see on the RGB histogram.

The picture may have been taken on a hazy day but i can usually fix that with de-hazing and contrast increase. I have tried tweeking the blues (being the darker tone) in lightroom but am unable to increase the height of the darker tones on the histogram. Increasing the contrast did not appear to have any effect (only widened the histogram). Or is the picture even salvageable?

TIA
                    Andrew
                    Contrast is poor. You could try to use shadows tool because its background is ground, not sky

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected for horizon and centering.

The horizon was set to the runway in the top background. I centered the aircraft between the the two wingtips.
                      I appealed and was told the aircraft is not centered vertically however the gap between the front of the fusalage and rear fusalage are the same (as per guidelines) I do not know where to go now?

TIA
                      Andrew

Comment

The aircraft is clearly too high in the frame. There is far more dead space below the aircraft.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi all

I had the two following pictures rejected for horizontal unlevel. I used the corners of the buildings to get the vertical as the lamp posts are all over the place. I have checked my source pictures and the building corners are vertical. What am i supposed to reference too?

Thanks in advance.
                          Andrew

Comment

Hi all

I had the two following pictures rejected for horizontal unlevel. I used the corners of the buildings to get the vertical as the lamp posts are all over the place. I have checked my source pictures and the building corners are vertical. What am i supposed to reference too?

Thanks in advance.
                            Andrew
                            ALL verticals (lamp posts and buildings) are leaning right. Both need CCW rotation.

Comment

Hi all

I have had this picture rejected twice for too much too little contrast. Last time I increased the contrast but it still needs more?

TIA
                              Andrew

Comment

Hi all

I have had this picture rejected twice for too much too little contrast. Last time I increased the contrast but it still needs more?

TIA
                                Andrew
                                Close to acceptable for me, though yes, the contrast is a bit weak - look at the shadows below the aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                                X