Prescreen Advice Request - 787Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post
    Hi, I got some time to do some planespotting again. Now without lens hood, the lens seems to do ok, though I havent found a time to test photos with only sky as background.

Here I have 3 photos needing some prescreening from three different angles. Photo 1 has a bit of weird haze that I am worried about, photo 2 I like it, photo 3 the color grading just isn't looking all right because I shot it from the terminal and probably the lighting condition wasn't the best.

Thanks in advance.
    1-2. borderline (weak) contrast
    3. contrast/color, vignetting

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1-2. borderline (weak) contrast
      3. contrast/color, vignetting
      Thanks, I think it's best to remove 3 as correcting color isn't easy and window filters a lot of light.

You think these two are salvageable?
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I think it's best to remove 3 as correcting color isn't easy and window filters a lot of light.

You think these two are salvageable?
        1. dark/contrast, centering
        2. borderline dark/contrast

Comment

1. dark/contrast, centering
          2. borderline dark/contrast
          Enough improvements? It was pretty dusk time and I dont want to blow too much highlights and shadows.
          Attached Files

Comment

Enough improvements? It was pretty dusk time and I dont want to blow too much highlights and shadows.
            Contrast a bit harsh on both, though first would be ok for me.

Comment

Got a time to shooting the sky. Apparently, this vignetting is more like a lens quality problem... Time to get a new lens (always wanted to get a Z7ii and some lens with a longer focal length)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	new_test.png
Views:	76
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	1144951

Comment

Hence, I am trying some new angles today to avoid the vignetting problem aiming at the sky. Here are 4 for prescreening. Thanks!
                And you think composition for 5 is ok?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hence, I am trying some new angles today to avoid the vignetting problem aiming at the sky. Here are 4 for prescreening. Thanks!
                  And you think composition for 5 is ok?
                  1. dark/contrast, vignetting
                  2. borderline horizon/centering
                  3. horizon, vignetting
                  4. borderline horizon
                  5. horizon, borderline too far

Comment

1. dark/contrast, vignetting
                    2. borderline horizon/centering
                    3. horizon, vignetting
                    4. borderline horizon
                    5. horizon, borderline too far
                    Thanks for the notes, I think better drop 1 before I tremendously clip shadows and overexpose.

I kinda want to keep that departure screen... You think it is not worth it to keep it?

Update: I ve figured a new crop. I will show you tonight when I get 5 prescreening slots back

Comment

Thanks for the notes, I think better drop 1 before I tremendously clip shadows and overexpose.

I kinda want to keep that departure screen... You think it is not worth it to keep it?

Update: I ve figured a new crop. I will show you tonight when I get 5 prescreening slots back
                      So what do you think of this composition? Borderline? Horizon is kinda hard to find; and I used the yellow bleed air tube as reference.

Also trying to work on my first airport overview. What do you think?
                      Attached Files

Comment

So what do you think of this composition? Borderline? Horizon is kinda hard to find; and I used the yellow bleed air tube as reference.

Also trying to work on my first airport overview. What do you think?
                        Once again, please read here carefully, especially #3:

Will reply to these two, but in the future please try to follow our requests.

1. centering, horizon
                        2. dark, soft, centering/motive

Comment

Once again, please read here carefully, especially #3:

Will reply to these two, but in the future please try to follow our requests.

1. centering, horizon
                          2. dark, soft, centering/motive
                          My bad, I didn't trim my clock correct, thought the forum uses EDT. Sorry for 2 hours early. Will try to prevent that from happening again. I ll give 1 another try on crop, and could you please tell me more about 2 and how to find a horizon for 1? Thanks

Comment

My bad, I didn't trim my clock correct, thought the forum uses EDT. Sorry for 2 hours early. Will try to prevent that from happening again. I ll give 1 another try on crop, and could you please tell me more about 2 and how to find a horizon for 1? Thanks
                            Ok, let's try this again with some more productiveness

For 1, I think the information screen is probably considered enough for non-centering of the image, and I tried to calibrate horizon using verticals.

For 2, I think the motive for overview is not enough as most aircraft and terminal is shaded and small. So instead, I think a tower photo would be much better off.

And sorry to you for having the rough day while doing very hard work.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, let's try this again with some more productiveness

For 1, I think the information screen is probably considered enough for non-centering of the image, and I tried to calibrate horizon using verticals.

For 2, I think the motive for overview is not enough as most aircraft and terminal is shaded and small. So instead, I think a tower photo would be much better off.

And sorry to you for having the rough day while doing very hard work.
                              1. soft. if this is a heavy crop, it might not be fixable.
                              2. borderline (harsh) contrast

Comment

1. soft. if this is a heavy crop, it might not be fixable.
                                2. borderline (harsh) contrast
                                I think it might be, the crop was 1619x2428, how's this bit more sharpening doing?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X