Too low in frame or too high in frame?

Comment

Originally posted by 787Dream View Post

Too low in frame or too high in frame?
      Too high and too low.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Too high and too low.
        Yeah they are pretty visible. But centering these type of angles is just always a pain in a... Any good idea on centering? These are my thoughts on how I should center them:

Click image for larger version  Name:	div_!.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.3 KB ID:	1142369Click image for larger version  Name:	div_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.9 KB ID:	1142370

With some rework in attachments.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Not a screener, but to me, the Shenzen is just a little high - you cna see part of the fuselage at the front above the line whereas the rear is not touching the line - drop it just a little - the China Eastern looks good to me.

Comment

With some rework in attachments.
            1. centering ok
            2. a touch high

Comment

1. centering ok
              2. a touch high
              hooray, first ok from dlowwa!

Could you please review these again?

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

hooray, first ok from dlowwa!

Could you please review these again?
                1. borderline centering/contrast/overprocessed
                2. ok for me
                3. borderline contrast/overprocessed

Comment

1. borderline centering/contrast/overprocessed
                  2. ok for me
                  3. borderline contrast/overprocessed
                  Can you please elaborate a bit? I checked equalize image and didn't see editing halos (maybe too much sharpening contributing to the overprocessing in this case?)
                  And for contrast issue, because there is slight highlight clipping?

For 1, bit high or bit low? My guess is a bit low

Thanks!

Tried to adjust a bit...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you please elaborate a bit? I checked equalize image and didn't see editing halos (maybe too much sharpening contributing to the overprocessing in this case?)
                    And for contrast issue, because there is slight highlight clipping?
                    There is a dark circle in the middle of the frame. Could be poor vignetting removal, or something else, but it is bad processing. Contrast is too strong.

Same issues remain on adjusted images.

Comment

There is a dark circle in the middle of the frame. Could be poor vignetting removal, or something else, but it is bad processing. Contrast is too strong.

Same issues remain on adjusted images.
                      The dark circle is more like the issue with the lens I am using (along with strong vignetting I have been trying to remove along the posts) when the photo is shot at a focal larger than 135mm I believe. I can try some ways to fix it, but may require a lot of work editing. I can show you the raw files when I get time and if you allow me.

I have been using very similar contrast values, thought it was kinda JP standard contrast level, but I can try to ease our eyes a bit.

Update:

I have attached an equalized raw image. This weird vignetting doesn't seem to be easy to fix. Do you have any suggestions Dana? Maybe giving up and repair the lens is a better idea.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 787Dream; 2022-08-15, 15:13.

Comment

The dark circle is more like the issue with the lens I am using (along with strong vignetting I have been trying to remove along the posts) when the photo is shot at a focal larger than 135mm I believe. I can try some ways to fix it, but may require a lot of work editing. I can show you the raw files when I get time and if you allow me.

I have been using very similar contrast values, thought it was kinda JP standard contrast level, but I can try to ease our eyes a bit.

Update:

I have attached an equalized raw image. This weird vignetting doesn't seem to be easy to fix. Do you have any suggestions Dana? Maybe giving up and repair the lens is a better idea.
                        Whoa..yeah definitely something going on with your lens. Usually stopping down the aperture will hide vignetting, so you can try that, but if you've already stopped down a bit and you're seeing it that bad, not sure there's anything else you can really do.

Comment

Whoa..yeah definitely something going on with your lens. Usually stopping down the aperture will hide vignetting, so you can try that, but if you've already stopped down a bit and you're seeing it that bad, not sure there's anything else you can really do.
                          I used f/8.0 and i get this… I am not sure if this is also part of the optical characteristic of this lens as I checked other’s submitted JP photos shot with this lens sometimes have this problem (dark circle in the middle) as well.

I am gonna send the lens to service and see what they say about it.

Do you think if I explain when submitting, there is a chance that the work is not considered as bad postprocessing? But anyway, the work isn’t that stunning imo; maybe I should just keep it as my personal collection.

Comment

I used f/8.0 and i get this… I am not sure if this is also part of the optical characteristic of this lens as I checked other’s submitted JP photos shot with this lens sometimes have this problem (dark circle in the middle) as well.

I am gonna send the lens to service and see what they say about it.

Do you think if I explain when submitting, there is a chance that the work is not considered as bad postprocessing? But anyway, the work isn’t that stunning imo; maybe I should just keep it as my personal collection.
                            Not sure that adding an explanation would make a difference; the flaw is visible regardless of the cause. Hope you can get the issue sorted out.

Comment

Not sure that adding an explanation would make a difference; the flaw is visible regardless of the cause. Hope you can get the issue sorted out.
                              The service people said that I could either be me not installing the lens hood (which they recommend taking it off) correctly or could be the algorithm of the post processing software. Either way, they said that it would be down the rabbit hole if I am really going to do exhaustive checks since they really couldn’t find any evidence of weird vignetting when they are testing it. I am gonna try shoot without lens hood next time and see how it goes.

Comment

Hi, I got some time to do some planespotting again. Now without lens hood, the lens seems to do ok, though I havent found a time to test photos with only sky as background.

Here I have 3 photos needing some prescreening from three different angles. Photo 1 has a bit of weird haze that I am worried about, photo 2 I like it, photo 3 the color grading just isn't looking all right because I shot it from the terminal and probably the lighting condition wasn't the best.

Thanks in advance.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X