Starting a Private Company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

ATL, I like you captain's Christmas tie. (I also like your A320 )
    It's my only "rebellion" against uniform standards, I wear loud ties.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      I know that this is a 10+ year thread revival, but something truly remarkable has taken place. In this photo you see two people who've posted in this thread and who are presently on day 2 of a 4-day trip as a crew. In case anyone needed proof how small the aviation community really is, here's your proof.
      1. Awesome blast from the past.
      2. Awesome small world.
      3. Please share the story (at least the brief, sanitized version): Did you happen to fly with this guy and (during non-sterile cockpit times) he said, "I hate to admit this, but I used to participate in an ass-hat aviation discussion forum" and you said, "so did I and I still do because 3BS and Gabby are still stupid and mildly entertaining"?
      4. I would also like to know if the story was that Asmir took Don Moore's advice and decided it was simpler to become an airline pilot?
      5. In a similar vein, I was once blessed to watch VNav-5 taxi an MD-90 at Flyover International Airport.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

1. Awesome blast from the past.
        2. Awesome small world.
        3. Please share the story (at least the brief, sanitized version): Did you happen to fly with this guy and (during non-sterile cockpit times) he said, "I hate to admit this, but I used to participate in an ass-hat aviation discussion forum" and you said, "so did I and I still do because 3BS and Gabby are still stupid and mildly entertaining"?
        4. I would also like to know if the story was that Asmir took Don Moore's advice and decided it was simpler to become an airline pilot?
        5. In a similar vein, I was once blessed to watch VNav-5 taxi an MD-90 at Flyover International Airport.
        3. It's actually even better than that. Seeing as Asmir has a somewhat unusual name, I remembered it from way back then. He, of course, did not know MY name. The trip in question originally had a different first officer. When I checked it on the day before, I saw Asmir's name on it. I had no idea what had become of him at all, let alone that he got hired by my airline. After doing several double takes and picking my jaw up off the floor, I realized I was witnessing some sort of serendipity in action. Mind you, this was BEFORE I knew I was to be his first line Captain. Needless to say, our meeting at the gate was...interesting. I'll let him share the details, should he choose to do so.

4. Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

It's my only "rebellion" against uniform standards, I wear loud ties.
          Has somebody ever assumed that Delta flies a 'Boeing-only-fleet'? Well, I only know them as DL # 090, with indeed their B764ER today.

But as I've learned only seconds ago,
          Delta is another airline which always flies without MCAS. Like KLM and LH. Good choice or pure luck. But that's a different topic.
          DL-A339neo and a fleet of 96 (!) DL-A321-200.

Men get old like a horse but they still learn, we say in German. An MCAS free fleet is always a good choice! Imho. And may that be with a Christmas tie.
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

El Al comes back to Lohausen in June 2020? Well, that's an honor. I know that Lohausen (almost) always had a connection to Tel Aviv.

And I know that Tel Aviv once was a LH-B744 destination. So, feel a very warm welcome, finally you're back at the third biggest airport in Germany:
            Lohausen International, est. 1927.

PS: So where do jetphotos forum members meet. Suvarnabhumi*, JFK, Rhein/Main, Miami, Zürich, Lohausen, ... I don't say who gave me that list. Sarajevo? Not yet, but who knows.
            *The Rhein/Main Time zone: Tuesday January 7th 2020 00:21 CET . So, today Suvarnabhumi is not really a LH-B744 topic.. But nevertheless, always a good flight, also in that rather fat swan. Sorry, but Gabriel and me have perceived that only one 4 engined longhaul jet has a rather slim appearance if you look at it from above, or from below.. It is his fault! The topic was, afaik, the ex-LY-B744, or more recently, the LH-B744..
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-01-06, 23:21. Reason: The Rhein/Main Time zone.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
            X