No announcement yet.

Second Turnback This Week Due to Unruly Pax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An acquaintance died from breast cancer this month. Apparently she delayed (or was delayed) in seeing a doctor during the initial 10 day (errr, 10 month) lockdown to flatten the curve…and this delay (the actual full lockdown) likely allowed it to metastasize past being removable.

Meanwhile, the majority of affected people dealt with a nasty, old-fashioned flu incidence.

Science or politics?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      Science or politics?
      Risk management.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
        I don't think the it's necessarily the masks themselves that are the issue. It's more that keeping people in "emergency" mode is only feasible for so long. Some would argue that an emergency that lasts 2+ years is by definition not an emergency, but I digress...

Then there's the difference between wearing masks and wearing them properly which would (according to Science(TM)) require regular replacement (or at least regular cleaning). I see very little of either out there. Most masks I see at airports look pretty tattered (they're couple years old) and quite a few even from a distance look pretty filthy. So, I have to partly agree with Schwartz. It's not that mask-wearing itself is theater, it's the way it's done that's theater.
        Hm. Tonight I'm here because, even after the pestilence, there you might find one or two unruly pax. And I used the word "cleaning" together with the jp forum search window.
        The result is you, ATLcrew. Now, your topic obviously was "cleaning face masks", but as long as the jp forum KI is not more intelligent than you n me, I'll use this very popular forum entry, instead of opening one by myself.

Unruly pax, that's a phenomenon which you could also imagine in a bus, in a tram or in a metro. At this moment I'm not quite informed about how many US-$ you can pay after you've left an almost full 0,5 liter cup of brown lemonade - let's say Sinalco - spilled on the cabin floor of a LH-B744.

Anyone?

PS: My suggestion: 150 US-$ in cash to the Flight Captain in the middle of the economy cabin,
        if it happens before t/o (with or without delay), and 100 US-$ in cash if it happens on final, only minutes before parking breaks are set. And what if it happens en route? Well. On board a 747, you have clearly more than 1 or 2 hours after t/o. And the chief stewardess on board certainly will find a mop (dt.: Wischmopp) for you.. Before I really get angry due to those pigs.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-09-12, 00:35. Reason: Dirty pigs pay cash.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
        X