I don’t know how to title this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

I guess you’ll never know the feeling of operating a GPS-RTK-auto-steer-equipped tractor which provides sub-inch accuracy in laying out extremely accurate row spacing on purely ground/lateral navigation and a slightly sophisticated system that does fairly simple arithmetic on the implement span.

I’ve lived it!

But, hey, as you say, GPS has nothing to do with aviation navigation.

Screw it- lets just go straight to autonomous, pilotless airplanes.
    You are way too funny. Is that what you called “a sense of humor”? Tell me where I said “GPS has nothing to do with aviation navigation”. I wonder if you can actually read… im sorry if u can’t read but in case if can, Don’t just quote a word out of a full sentence. That’s some bulls

back to what you said…why would I need to know the feeling of “operating a GPS-RTK-auto-steer-equipped tractor”. I assume you know how an airplane looks, so let’s talk about it. Different than a tractor, an airworthy airplane has something called “wings”, they take some space, and there is something call wingspan. And I also believe a regular tractor probably don’t have wings or something that’s perpendicular to the body. To my knowledge, wings is most like to be the case in most aircraft collisions that happened on the ground. It’s easier to see when you drive a tractor than taxiing a plane. That’s the whole point. Maybe book a ticket?

again, please tell me where I said “GPS has nothing to do with aviation navigation”. I’d be happy to hand you my license and medical and never step into the flight deck again if that’s what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post
      again, please tell me where I said “GPS has nothing to do with aviation navigation”. I’d be happy to hand you my license and medical and never step into the flight deck again if that’s what I said.
      Nice inability to listen. Gabriel and I both tried to explain things, but "I don't know what I'm talking about." For what it's worth, I'm not sure a horse ever walked into a bar, but I do know that it would take relatively little effort to have navigation systems watch the wing tips. If I said that SHOULD be done and that the members of this forum are the ones to do it, you can have my license.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X