I don’t know how to title this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t know how to title this:

I…think….I’ll…make….it………..D’OH!!! ——————————————————————————- A little push 🎥: by Rick Fredrickson ⬇ Courtesy of #apaixonadosporaviacao ———————————————————- #flyingfahans #screwup #damage #boston...

Fire Boeing Management?

Ultimate parlour talking from 14A?

Paperwork?

We need more regulation, procedure, oversight, CRM, screening, automation, and public punishment?

Ban everything?

Seatbelts are important during active taxi?

Time to beef up TCAS and ADSB to analyze ground conflicts?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Ban winglets?

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      https://www.facebook.com/reel/153102...ibextid=9imq16

Fire Boeing Management?

Ultimate parlour talking from 14A?

Paperwork?

We need more regulation, procedure, oversight, CRM, screening, automation, and public punishment?

Ban everything?

Seatbelts are important during active taxi?

Time to beef up TCAS and ADSB to analyze ground conflicts?
      dude do you even have any idea what you are talking about? why do TCAS and ADSB have anything to do aircraft collisions when aircraft are on the ground??

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post
        why do TCAS and ADSB have anything to do aircraft collisions when aircraft are on ground??
        Nothing but perhaps that should change?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Nothing but perhaps that should change?
          Well… too bad… I don’t make those equipments and I don’t make regulations… I just fly planes with adsb equipped… if you really think they needed to be changed, faa is probably a better option to talk to… ADSB helps me a lot when I fly, but Ive had some history with adsb which ain’t so good

Comment

I think you are missing the point

3we said: "Time to beef up TCAS and ADSB to analyze ground conflicts?"
            You replied: "do you even have any idea what you are talking about? why do TCAS and ADSB have anything to do aircraft collisions when aircraft are on the ground??"
            So I explained to do that what he meant is the they don't, and perhaps it was time that they do. That's what "time to beef up" means.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

dude do you even have any idea what you are talking about? why do TCAS and ADSB have anything to do aircraft collisions when aircraft are on the ground??
              Try turning on your sense of humor.

I said:

Fire Boeing Management?

Ban everything?
              But, you are concerned that I’m off base for suggesting an automated collision avoidance system on the ground?

In addition you said “anything to do with”…

Seems to me they analyze locations and directions of moment and warn of potential collisions, so it’s got a LOT to do with it, even though those systems don’t function on the ground at this point.

Am I serious about upgrading TCAS…or totally bull[expletive verb]?…or 80/20??…or 50/50???
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

So I explained to do that what he meant is the they don't, and perhaps it was time that they do. That's what "time to beef up" means.
                Maybe, but this collision had nothing to do with not knowing the location of the other aircraft or visibility issues. It would seem more directly beneficial to introduce a collision avoidance system similar to those found on today's luxury automobiles.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Try turning on your sense of humor.

I said:

But, you are concerned that I’m off base for suggesting an automated collision avoidance system on the ground?

In addition you said “anything to do with”…

Seems to me they analyze locations and directions of moment and warn of potential collisions, so it’s got a LOT to do with it, even though those systems don’t function on the ground at this point.

Am I serious about upgrading TCAS…or totally bull[expletive verb]?…or 80/20??…or 50/50???
                  Right right now this is about what you called “a sense of humor”.

Those equipments don’t work like that. What you said going to be a lot of work and just a waste of money and time. To prevent a collisions on the ground you would need know the distance between the parts that were to hit each other, so what you said “analyze locations and directions of moment and warn of potential collisions” really don’t fit into the ground collision here. Those equipments know where they are, or some other flight computers, not anything else.

lets just use the video you posted. There is nothing on the MAX winglet to measure the distance between the winglet, to the apu of the A321. There’s nothing on the apu of the A321 to measure the distance between the apu to anything else. The manufacturers can definitely make those kinda stuff happen, but it’s just gonna be like the radars on the cars you see. This is has nothing to do with what you said about “analyze locations and directions”, and not ADSB and TCAS. This is what’s called “bull[expletive verb]”.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

Maybe, but this collision had nothing to do with not knowing the location of the other aircraft or visibility issues. It would seem more directly beneficial to introduce a collision avoidance system similar to those found on today's luxury automobiles.
                    What you said is probably be the only way to solve the problem of ground collisions, but that’s a lot of work and not worth the time. Maybe worth the money but imma need to put a question mark.

Comment

What you said is probably be the only way to solve the problem of ground collisions, but that’s a lot of work and not worth the time. Maybe worth the money but imma need to put a question mark.
                      If this is indicative of the who is in the cockpit now, I am happier than ever to be retired! ​​​​

Comment

Well, just as most of us had successfully avoided hitting other cars with our built-in attention spans and sense of caution long before car radars arrived, I expect the best solution in avoiding airplane ground collisions is to emphasize these same human qualities. But, as EFIS piloting and FMS become more distracting from the windscreen and a new, attention-deficit-disorder afflicted generation is replacing the old eagle-eyed pilots of analog days, I think adding taxi proximity warning systems is a very prudent idea. Remember, when BoingBobby used to taxi his 747-100 around the apron, he had a flight engineer and a navigator which allowed him to concentrate on driving.

Comment

Guys, let it go. Let these fender benders alone. Blame it on pilot error, put more training and yada yada... But don't waste a minute and a dime on them. Nobody is going to jet injured let alone die. It should be in the Airlines' self-interest to fox this.

In the grand scheme of Aviation industry (FAA, NTSN, IATA, Pilot unions, Congress, etc...), we are about to land a plane on top of another, or take-off one into a going-aorund one. Until we fix that, forget about developing fixes for fender benders.

Comment

Guys, let it go. Let these fender benders alone. Blame it on pilot error, put more training and yada yada... But don't waste a minute and a dime on them. Nobody is going to jet injured let alone die. It should be in the Airlines' self-interest to fox this.

In the grand scheme of Aviation industry (FAA, NTSN, IATA, Pilot unions, Congress, etc...), we are about to land a plane on top of another, or take-off one into a going-aorund one. Until we fix that, forget about developing fixes for fender benders.
                            Actually... I think you nailed here... fenders...

Just hang those rubber boat fenders on the wings until you're lined up and then send someone out on the wing to haul them onboard. It's that simple!

Comment

“Nothing”
                              I guess you’ll never know the feeling of operating a GPS-RTK-auto-steer-equipped tractor which provides sub-inch accuracy in laying out extremely accurate row spacing on purely ground/lateral navigation and a slightly sophisticated system that does fairly simple arithmetic on the implement span.

I’ve lived it!

But, hey, as you say, GPS has nothing to do with aviation navigation.

Screw it- lets just go straight to autonomous, pilotless airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X