Not_Delta 191

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan View Post
    promise yourself never to fly into this mess again.
    I thought you might comment on a YouTube I posted further up.

I recognize there’s three things in these guys favor:

1. A chunk of altitude.
    2. A nicely configured airplane in climb mode
    3. An area of storms known for updrafts…(although, you can’t rule out an RFD.)

But, I’m not sure we are always avoiding these messes, even today.

Footnote: I’m not sure the wall-cloud perv is correct saying “through” as opposed to right phugoiding next to it.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Did the context not make that clear?
      It did not.

Comment

I still think that we have rather inconsistent procedures with respect to storm avoidance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0558.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	1185515
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I should note that the aircraft from the NW was probably ahead of that purple cell, but the aircraft landing on 30 was just landing and very likely went straight through the cell on final.

Then the stark contrast of the dude touring Central IL…

These were all rapidly developing, dynamic storms with hail and tornadoes common. I acknowledge that the true severe ones probably weren’t penetrated and that we aren’t actually landing with storms over the MM, but we ain’t all staying 25 miles away either.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            I should note that the aircraft from the NW was probably ahead of that purple cell, but the aircraft landing on 30 was just landing and very likely went straight through the cell on final.

Then the stark contrast of the dude touring Central IL…

These were all rapidly developing, dynamic storms with hail and tornadoes common. I acknowledge that the true severe ones probably weren’t penetrated and that we aren’t actually landing with storms over the MM, but we ain’t all staying 25 miles away either.
            I think the field and avionics detection technology has allowed closer operations somewhat in the same way digital autoflight has allow RVSM. It's all about threading needles these days.

Comment

I think the field and avionics detection technology has allowed closer operations somewhat in the same way digital autoflight has allow RVSM. It's all about threading needles these days.
              That does not address the very significant inconsistencies that are evident.

Comment

Working...
              X