No announcement yet.

B737-800 engine cowling detaches during take off, strikes & damages wing flap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B737-800 engine cowling detaches during take off, strikes & damages wing flap

"A Houston-bound Boeing 737-800 plane operated by Southwest Airlines returned safely to Denver International Airport on Sunday after an engine cover fell off and struck the wing flap, according to the Federal Aviation Administration"

Southwest Boeing 737-800 flight from Denver loses engine cover, FAA investigating | CNN Business

"Southwest Airlines said its maintenance teams would review the Boeing 737-800 after its cowling, which covers the plane's engine, fell off. The airline confirmed it was responsible for maintenance of such parts"

Boeing plane engine cover falls off prompting investigation (bbc.com)

Originally posted by flashcrash View Post
    "A Houston-bound Boeing 737-800 plane operated by Southwest Airlines returned safely to Denver International Airport on Sunday after an engine cover fell off and struck the wing flap, according to the Federal Aviation Administration"

Southwest Boeing 737-800 flight from Denver loses engine cover, FAA investigating | CNN Business

"Southwest Airlines said its maintenance teams would review the Boeing 737-800 after its cowling, which covers the plane's engine, fell off. The airline confirmed it was responsible for maintenance of such parts"

Boeing plane engine cover falls off prompting investigation (bbc.com)
    Well, at least boeing cannot be blamed for this one. Engine made by a separate company and mantained by the airline. At least no one was blown out of a window this time.
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
      Well, at least boeing cannot be blamed for this one. Engine made by a separate company and mantained by the airline. At least no one was blown out of a window this time.
      Heyyy I can still give it a try… blame Boeing for the design… the Boeing airplane should warn the pilots when the engine cowlings are not latched or not latched properly…

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post
        Heyyy I can still give it a try… blame Boeing for the design… the Boeing airplane should warn the pilots when the engine cowlings are not latched or not latched properly…
        You sir, are an absolute idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

You sir, are an absolute idiot!

it must be fun to be friends with you in real life...please tell your real life friends that I feel bad for them

Comment

Originally posted by NYspotter View Post
            That is named ground maintenance. If a cowling is not properly attached, the pilots would know also during the walkaround. So unless the cowlings decide to randomly go AWOL mid flight, a good look at them is enough warning.
            Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
            If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
            ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

That is named ground maintenance. If a cowling is not properly attached, the pilots would know also during the walkaround. So unless the cowlings decide to randomly go AWOL mid flight, a good look at them is enough warning.
              Well obviously, that was a joke in case you can’t tell

Comment

Working...
              X