6 million photos in the database!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 million photos in the database!

Congratulations to all of the photographers who made this possible, and the entire team of screeners and administrators behind it! Without any of these two components this wouldn't have been possible.

Originally posted by Cta Spotter View Post
    Congratulations to all of the photographers who made this possible, and the entire team of screeners and administrators behind it! Without any of these two components this wouldn't have been possible.
    100%

Congrats to all who made this happen, we wouldn't be here without you!
    Cheers to 6 million!

Comment

I'd like to think one of the 6 I had screened in the last couple hours was the magical 6 millionth photo

Comment

6 million, congrats to the crew and screeners, it is only thanks to them that this is possible, i still cannot belive that the database reached 6 million. And thanks to all the photographers/aviation enthusiasts for making this moment possible with their photos
        Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
        If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
        ——————————————————————————

Comment

Only a short matter of time before the logo updates to

J e t p h o t o s
          6+ million | All screened

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post
            I'd like to think one of the 6 I had screened in the last couple hours was the magical 6 millionth photo
            That would be sweet if it was yours

hopefully it was a unique shot that got the pleasure of being the 6 millionth!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Godfrey View Post

That would be sweet if it was yours

hopefully it was a unique shot that got the pleasure of being the 6 millionth!
              Meh. Nothing super special.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	130.3 KB ID:	1183975

Comment

Thank you all for your uploads and a huge thank you to the best crew around !!!!

You girls and guys are the heart of JP and nothing would be possible without your daily dedication !!!!!!

<3

Alex​

Comment

Well, it is time for the jetphotos logo to change from 5million+ , all screened to 6million+
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4611.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.2 KB ID:	1183991
                  again, thanks to the great screeners and crew who spend their time helping the platform grow, and thanks to the photographers who made it possible
                  It is quite remarkable, how such large group of people united to create this. And how a group of screeners, crew and administrators make it a fair and fun thing to do.
                  A BIG THANKS TO
                  -ALEX
                  -PAMELA DE BOER
                  -SEBASTIAN SOWA
                  -SIMON -DE-RUDDER
                  -ERWIN STAM
                  -FELIPE GARCIA
                  -YIXIN CHEN
                  -MAXIMILIAN GRUBER
                  -JAMES ROWSON
                  -DAVE HENDERSON
                  -HIN VOLVO
                  -DAVE REED
                  -MARCEL SCHMIDT
                  -JULIAN AZEROTH
                  -MONICA DE GUIDI
                  -THIMO-VAN-DIJK
                  -SANDRA JEUKEN
                  -ALEXANDRE FAZAN
                  -JESSE VERVOOT
                  -ANDRES CALLEJA
                  -MATTEO LAMBERTS
                  -PAWELpm
                  -MARKUS BUTTINGER
                  -DOMINIK BURGER
                  -CHRISTOPH PLANK
                  -DARRYL MORRELL
                  -MARTIN ROGOSZ
                  -TOMASZ CHRUL
                  -LOREDANA CIOCLEI
                  -SEBASTAN WEIKERT
                  -WILLY DAHEM
                  -JULIAN SCHOPFER
                  -ALBERTO CUCINI
                  -SOTIRIS TYGONIS
                  -ALEXIS BOIDRON
                  -STEPHAN ROSSOUW
                  -MIRKO BLEUER
                  -STEFAN KUHN
                  -THOMAS ERNST
                  -FIRAT CIMENLI

AND A BIG THANKS TO THE 26832 PHOTOGRAPHERS WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THE DATABASE.
                  Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                  If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                  ——————————————————————————

Comment

Let me add

Stephen Stein
                    and
                    Sean Brink

Both have been great additions from the US, helping us a lot reducing the European night gap in screening numbers, thanks guys !

and also a lot of people who are not in the crew anymore but have been a big part of JP history, with a special thought to Gerardo and Brian

Comment

Let me add that Stefan Kuhn is very probably the one and only jetphotos member who has more knowledge about our home airport than me. We btw share the same home airport.

And after all those years, I'm a little bit proud of that. The Gold Medal for Kuhn's 20 years here on this platform .

And if you ask me, I'll start the next 15 years here at jetphotos. And greetings to my young friend, Alex.

PS: Gerardo and Brian. Yes. Alex, how long must a jetphotos member be a jetphotos member to still know these two good guys. I'd say, 15 years?
                      Last edited by LH-B744; 2024-03-17, 10:52. Reason: Gerardo and Brian.
                      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

And B773ER Flight Captain Les Abend.

No Abend is a good Abend until Captain Abend makes it a good Abend. Really the good old jetphotos times...

34 years for one and the same airline...
                        Last edited by LH-B744; 2024-03-17, 11:00. Reason: Abend is a good German word. In English: evening.

Comment

And Vishal Jolapara, most of the time only called VJ.

PS: Ask me names, I don't know where from I inherited this human brain space for names. And for pictures. Chhatrapati Shivaji, by night...

Last edited by LH-B744; 2024-03-17, 11:21. Reason: Chhatrapati Shivaji, by night...

Comment

Well, I may have found the 6 millionth photo : https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11250174
                            As much as i know the counter is updated every hour, just like https://www.jetphotos.com/new
                            by removing the "extra" 26 thousand from the ID of the most recent photo shown, i got that one.
                            I want to precise that, being unable to see the IDs of eventual deleted photos, it may be wrong, but, this photo should be the nearest estimate.
                            Another thing I've noted is that either the counter on the main page or the counter on the https://www.jetphotos.com/new page is "out of tune", because the https://www.jetphotos.com/new counter shows 5870631 photos, while the main page counter shows 6026175. As such it is possible that the database hasn't still reached 6 million. I leave to the admins the chance to tell me the reality. Cheers!

Comment

The answer is very simple:
                              Front page counter shows total of ALL ACCEPTED photos in the database. However - there are tons of deleted photos which are no longer visible. Imagine that sometimes we delete accounts with hundreds/thousands photos accepted, or just removing photos accepted by mistake.
                              Users also are able to remove their photos anytime, so finding the exact 6th million image is almost impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X