Eyes on the atlantic again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fly1346
    i said before and ill say it again... I hope we see some effects up here in NY

Why I say this cuz nothing exciting has happened this summer!
    If your idea of excitement it a major hurricane hitting a major metropolitan area, you need serious help. Then again, we already knew that.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u

If your idea of excitement it a major hurricane hitting a major metropolitan area, you need serious help. Then again, we already knew that.
      Another knock-out punch.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Fly1346,
        You live in New York. There is always something going on in New York. I find it hard to believe that nothing exciting happened over the summer.

Originally posted by mikecweb
        Don't get too excited SC boy...its not a hurricane but it'll get a name.
        Well that would explain the rain...

Comment

Why don't you tell that to someone who lost ther house down in Florida...

Is stuff like this your idea of fun?

If so... then i highly reccomend you see a doctor

Comment

Adam checking in here... I am back in Shitehole, FL. Hopeing this huricane lands right over Daytona... maybe make things a little nicer
            -Adam

Comment

Once again another lovely statement by Mr. Wright. The thing is anyone who has ever lived through one knows that you don't want them. Yes florida sucks everyone knows that. The property damage and loss of life makes these very apparent. The economic impact is unbelievable. So you virginians and new yorkers should jus hush it cuz you haven't even come close to get a cat 4.
              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
                Once again another lovely statement by Mr. Wright. The thing is anyone who has ever lived through one knows that you don't want them. Yes florida sucks everyone knows that. The property damage and loss of life makes these very apparent. The economic impact is unbelievable. So you virginians and new yorkers should jus hush it cuz you haven't even come close to get a cat 4.
                it could be worse...he could be in North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  Agreed... I'd choose a hurricane over 5 months of snow/blizzards/frozen tundra.
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                    actually, it really doesn't snow here all that much. In fact, when it does snow it gets a little warmer because the clouds required to make the snow form a little blanket that keeps some of the heat in. Usually its clear here which means what little heat is in the ground continues out to space, then it get insanely cold. Last winter we broke the record at -43.6F, that's not counting wind chill.

Comment

well, I deal with those weather conditions all winter long, so dont come to Alaska during the winter
                      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

but you're fascinated with hurricanes! that doesn't count!

Comment

So you virginians and new yorkers should jus hush it cuz you haven't even come close to get a cat 4.
                          Actually, I went through Hurricane Fran, which was larger in size and caused more death. After going through that, I can honestly say that I wouldn't mind going through it again.

actually, it really doesn't snow here all that much. In fact, when it does snow it gets a little warmer because the clouds required to make the snow form a little blanket that keeps some of the heat in. Usually its clear here which means what little heat is in the ground continues out to space, then it get insanely cold. Last winter we broke the record at -43.6F, that's not counting wind chill.
                          It can't really snow when it is below zero. The father the temp is from 32 F, the smaller the flakes usually. Although I can also say that I would rather have 7 feet of snow from a single storm like last year than a temp of -43.6 F without the windchill.
                          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

NEWS FLASH!!!!
                            IT'S HURRICANE SEASON............

Anybody realize that yet?..... Just wondering........
                            Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Uh...yeah...we did realize it.

That's why there have been...oh...maybe...6 threads about hurricanes.

Honestly--do you really think we are that stupid?

Comment

It has a name.....

Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                                ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Working...
                                X