Eyes on the atlantic again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hate this.

It's been nasty all day. It started at about 3 AM. The 70mph winds blew the rain up against the windows in my house and made loud noises all night...I got very little sleep. We have no power and I am typing this from my brother's house. There are trees down in a few places, but no damage to my house exept for a leak. I feel lucky, but uncomfortable because we have no air conditioning and bored because we have no computer!

Comment

Guess the northeast coast is going to get some bad weather too.

Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Another update (in case you actually care):

I'm posting from my dad's office. The power in my house (and half of my neighborhood) has not been turned back on...it kinda sucks. Originally, there were almost 600,000 people without power. Now, there are about 70,000. There isn't much damage, which is good. I have heard a couple reports of extensive damage of people's roofs, but that was near the beach, where the hurricanes are the strongest.

We're making our hotel reservations to evacuate just incase for Francis (that's what it's called, isn't it?)...

Comment

Hang in there Charleston!!! Kinda wierd but when I turned on the tv and saw the video from your area, I Immediatly wondered about how you were making out.good to see you are able to post!!!.... when the weather clears, go get some aftermath pics!!!!
          -Frogman

Comment

As of 00:15 CDT 8/30/04 Frances is "only" a Category 3 not not so tightly packed.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Eyes on the atlantic again.

"Hermine"... Isn't that a character name from "Harry Potter"? Anyway, looks like she'll be just in time for the Republicans Convention .

-Colin

Comment

Hey guys!

school was cancelled today. i still don't have power (writing from my brother's house again) after 25 hours. this is getting really old!

Comment

Not good....

Comment

We already have reservations for a hotel to evacuate to. Looks like we aren't going to need it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                      We already have reservations for a hotel to evacuate to. Looks like we aren't going to need it, though.
                      Keep in mind that people in Port Charlotte probably said the same thing..."oh, Charley is going to hit Tampa, we'll be ok..."

Unpredictable these things are.
                      George R. Widener
                      Oshkosh, WI USA
                      Aircraft Photos Here
                      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Re: Eyes on the atlantic again.

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        "Hermine"... Isn't that a character name from "Harry Potter"?
                        Hermione

Comment

Re: Eyes on the atlantic again.

Originally posted by Greg
                          Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                          "Hermine"... Isn't that a character name from "Harry Potter"?
                          Hermione
                          Thought it was Hermoine. My wife loves that stuff (Harry Potter)...
                          Me? I'm into Star Wars.
                          George R. Widener
                          Oshkosh, WI USA
                          Aircraft Photos Here
                          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Your probably right George...

Me I'm into planes.

Comment

Well, 3 of 5 computer models have Frances going in near MCO and across Florida near TPA. Kind of a reverse Charley track if you will. Anyway here's what the hypothetical tracks look like. It's been going due West for about the last 12 hours. http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...-ir4-loop.html

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                                Your probably right George...

Me I'm into planes.
                                Well, I didn't mention the plane part as I thought it was obvious. :P
                                George R. Widener
                                Oshkosh, WI USA
                                Aircraft Photos Here
                                Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Working...
                                X