PanteleyShmelev - prescreening request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PanteleyShmelev - prescreening request

hello, I want to upload some of my recent shote to jp so can you guys pls give me you opinion on how to improve the edits.

here are the shots:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7905.jpg Views:	0 Size:	342.6 KB ID:	1076065

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	1076063Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6629.jpg Views:	0 Size:	347.0 KB ID:	1076064
    Attached Files

Originally posted by PanteleyShmelev View Post
    hello, I want to upload some of my recent shote to jp so can you guys pls give me you opinion on how to improve the edits.

here are the shots:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7905.jpg Views:	0 Size:	342.6 KB ID:	1076065

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.3 KB ID:	1076063Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6629.jpg Views:	0 Size:	347.0 KB ID:	1076064
    SQ and TG are lacking contrast, mainly dark midtones and shadows. The Silkair is the best of them, but still a bit borderline regarding contrast.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by PanteleyShmelev
      I really need help!
      most of my uploads are oversharpened and I just realised its the jagged lines that appear around the aircraft.
      I can't seem to find a way to remove them as lightroom automatically compresses it when I put it to 1280x800.
      What can I do?
      Change your save settings so the images are compressed so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PanteleyShmelev

can you pls elaborate I don't really understand
        Can't elaborate without knowing the settings you are using, but if lightroom is compressing the images, then you will need to change whichever settings making this happen. This would begin with making sure you're saving at the max jpeg quality.

Comment

1. Check the settings in the camera. They have to be set to the highest possible quality, no compression
          2. only save a photo once, after all the editing. Every time you save a JPG file, the photo is compressed.
          3. when saving, make again sure to use the highest possible quality setting, i.e. no compression
          4. avoid any noise reducer, as they tend to produce jagged lines looking like compression
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
          X