X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eurowing
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

1) Usually a photo will look sharper after resizing, but Lightroom or Photoshop show the photo sharper than a web browser. Make a few tests, edit the photo and open it in your browser to check it again.
    2) dirty means, it has sensor dust spots. They can easily be cloned out.
    3) Maybe it looks better if you cuto off the whole wing tip. Other than that, try something different next time or maybe you have another photo from that sequence.
    sensor dust spot: is that what i see on the left edge of the image, just below the nose? that little dark round spot?

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by eurowing View Post

thanks for responding!

let’s see if i understand this.

• centering - i can see that now that you say it
    • soft - maybe i am doing something wrong. the full res image is nice and crisp, but my upload limit is 1280 and when i lower the resolution during export the picture becomes soft. is there anything i can do better or am i just out of luck? i have set highest quality export settings (Lightroom)
    • dark - yup
    • dirty - what does that mean? sorry i am learning terminology here as well
    • dark - yup
    • bad crop - well that is the edge of the picture so i am probably just out of luck here. i guess the missing wing tip is the issue? could i salvage it by cropping more of the left side off? if i pulled the left edge closer to the engine?
    thanks for your time!

Denis
    1) Usually a photo will look sharper after resizing, but Lightroom or Photoshop show the photo sharper than a web browser. Make a few tests, edit the photo and open it in your browser to check it again.
    2) dirty means, it has sensor dust spots. They can easily be cloned out.
    3) Maybe it looks better if you cuto off the whole wing tip. Other than that, try something different next time or maybe you have another photo from that sequence.

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. soft, centering (too low)
    2. dark, dirty
    3. dark, cut off (poor crop left side)

thanks for responding!

let’s see if i understand this.

• centering - i can see that now that you say it
    • soft - maybe i am doing something wrong. the full res image is nice and crisp, but my upload limit is 1280 and when i lower the resolution during export the picture becomes soft. is there anything i can do better or am i just out of luck? i have set highest quality export settings (Lightroom)
    • dark - yup
    • dirty - what does that mean? sorry i am learning terminology here as well
    • dark - yup
    • bad crop - well that is the edge of the picture so i am probably just out of luck here. i guess the missing wing tip is the issue? could i salvage it by cropping more of the left side off? if i pulled the left edge closer to the engine?
    thanks for your time!

Denis

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied
    Originally posted by Quebec Golf View Post
    Hi Denis,

Aperture, ISO and shutter speed (and exposure compensation of those) still matter in RAW. The other settings like in-camera sharpening etc generally do not apply. You'll have to take care of those yourself as you process the RAW into a picture.

Regards,

Alex
    hi Alex,
    thank you for the response!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by eurowing View Post
    Hi,

Could I please get a pre screen and/or advice on how to improve?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1019-2.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	390.3 KB
ID:	1092638

Name:	IMG_1027.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	1092639

Name:	IMG_1705.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	460.5 KB
ID:	1092640

Thank you!

Denis
    1. soft, centering (too low)
    2. dark, dirty
    3. dark, cut off (poor crop left side)

Leave a comment:

• Quebec Golf
    replied
    Hi Denis,

Aperture, ISO and shutter speed (and exposure compensation of those) still matter in RAW. The other settings like in-camera sharpening etc generally do not apply. You'll have to take care of those yourself as you process the RAW into a picture.

Regards,

Alex

Leave a comment:

• eurowing
    replied
    Hi,

I am trying to understand more about image processing.

I have a Canon 80D which has so many settings but I have been reading that when shooting RAW the camera basically saves the image regardless of the aperture etc. Is that correct?

What I am wondering is if that also applies to the settings like Picture Style on the 80D? In that also sharpness/details are set. I found that I need to use the FD (Fine Detail) setting to get the best possible pictures. Does that setting only affect the JPG file or also the RAW?

Thanks,

Denis

Leave a comment:

• Prescreening request/editing advice newbie Denis

Hi,

Could I please get a pre screen and/or advice on how to improve?

Name:	IMG_1019-2.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	390.3 KB
ID:	1092638

Name:	IMG_1027.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	1092639

Name:	IMG_1705.jpg