Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
    Good Evening,

Would this be a contrast rejection?
    Yes.

I also have this shot of G-JRHH. Now, I had discarded this one previously but I'm curious if the new work flow (blowing it up with super resolution before resizing) has made it sharp enough for JP?
    It has not.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Good Evening,

Would this be a contrast rejection? Black aircraft with a deathly white sky.... worst part was that it was blue skies less than 5 minutes after this shot ¬¬

I also have this shot of G-JRHH. Now, I had discarded this one previously but I'm curious if the new work flow (blowing it up with super resolution before resizing) has made it sharp enough for JP? Click image for larger version

Name:	G-NWOI-1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	434.6 KB
ID:	1111790Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1256-Enhanced.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	430.1 KB
ID:	1111791

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Noise I can sort out but with the highlights, is it the daylight in the hangar door or are the whites on the aircraft too bright?
    Yes, that is contributing to the contrast/exposure issue. Not sure it's bad enough to cause a rejection.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Noisy and highlights close to being clipped though I'd probably be more concerned about the former.
    Noise I can sort out but with the highlights, is it the daylight in the hangar door or are the whites on the aircraft too bright? Apologies for the daft question mate.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Evening again, I've tried this new workflow on this image which I couldn't get to feel right in LR. Any feedback on the image would be appreciated Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1089-Enhanced.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	814.1 KB
ID:	1111687
    Noisy and highlights close to being clipped though I'd probably be more concerned about the former.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Evening again, I've tried this new workflow on this image which I couldn't get to feel right in LR. Any feedback on the image would be appreciated Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1089-Enhanced.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	814.1 KB
ID:	1111687

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Image is heat hazed. Not fixable.
    ... How the hell did I miss that. Sorry bud! That'll teach me to rush.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_39056.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	739.3 KB
ID:	1111664 Good Evening

Can I get some feedback on this image? Trying a new workflow but really not sure if it's an improved one or not! Edit: Wrong file.
    Image is heat hazed. Not fixable.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied

Name:	image_39056.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	739.3 KB
ID:	1111664 Good Evening

Can I get some feedback on this image? Trying a new workflow but really not sure if it's an improved one or not! Edit: Wrong file.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Good Evening,

Taking a stab back through my first few photos. Concerned about softness on the first and motive/distance/softness on the 2nd.I have tried to frame the 2nd image in a slightly different manner to capture the wing vortex/vortices and add some movement to the photo. If these would be classed as the same phase, please can I have feedback for the first image and not the second (I'm under the impression these are different phases of the flight).

Name:	CT-01.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	723.0 KB
ID:	1111282Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-01-2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	673.6 KB
ID:	1111284
    1. obstruction/vignetting. looks like fence through part of the frame.
    2. too far, dark/backlit, noisy

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Good Evening,

Taking a stab back through my first few photos. Concerned about softness on the first and motive/distance/softness on the 2nd.I have tried to frame the 2nd image in a slightly different manner to capture the wing vortex/vortices and add some movement to the photo. If these would be classed as the same phase, please can I have feedback for the first image and not the second (I'm under the impression these are different phases of the flight).

Name:	CT-01.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	723.0 KB
ID:	1111282Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-01-2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	673.6 KB
ID:	1111284
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hey there, just the one for today (unless you'll be taking pictures of sparrows, magpies and seagulls anytime soon?) which I have two concerns for. Firstly, contrast as this was a Night Shot taken shortly after the sun had set. Secondly, motive/cut off. The huge wingspan of the plane left a LOT of dead space.

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	1110735
    Image would be rejected for dark/contrast/soft/noisy. Crop is somewhat irrelevant due to the lack of quality.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hey there, just the one for today (unless you'll be taking pictures of sparrows, magpies and seagulls anytime soon?) which I have two concerns for. Firstly, contrast as this was a Night Shot taken shortly after the sun had set. Secondly, motive/cut off. The huge wingspan of the plane left a LOT of dead space.

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	1110735

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi all,

Would the clouds cause this to be a contrast issue?
    No, should be ok.

Leave a comment:

• LewisW295
    replied
    Hi all,

Would the clouds cause this to be a contrast issue?

Name:	ZH826.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	460.9 KB
ID:	1110101

Leave a comment:

Working...
X