Jag_guar Prescreening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jag_guar View Post
    Hi, looking for advice if/how this image can be improved: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11315490

I recognize that lighting conditions are not ideal but hoping for some leeway considering it's a new registration for the db. Thanks.
    Not sure this can be salvaged. The bright hangar in the background combined with the lack of direct light would make it quite difficult.

Comment

• Hi, may I have this one prescreened please. Note that it would be a new registration to db. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023_09_10_041.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	686.5 KB
ID:	1175894

Comment

Hi, may I have this one prescreened please. Note that it would be a new registration to db. Thanks.
        Contrast is quite poor.

Comment

• Hi, prescreen advise on this one please. I see a bunch of white specks on an equalized image, not sure what they are (don't believe they are dust spots as they don't show on other pictures in the series); wondering if they may cause a rejection. Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, prescreen advise on this one please. I see a bunch of white specks on an equalized image, not sure what they are (don't believe they are dust spots as they don't show on other pictures in the series); wondering if they may cause a rejection. Thanks.
            Overprocessed.

Comment

• Hi, looking for opinion on these rejections. TBH the contrast doesn't look too bad to me... any suggestions if/how to fix? Thanks.
              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi, looking for opinion on these rejections. TBH the contrast doesn't look too bad to me... any suggestions if/how to fix? Thanks.
                Contrast borderline on the second though would have been ok (but not the oversharpening). First would have been a contrast rejection for me as well. Second might benefit from a boost in the contrast and slight decrease in the exposure.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Contrast borderline on the second though would have been ok (but not the oversharpening). First would have been a contrast rejection for me as well. Second might benefit from a boost in the contrast and slight decrease in the exposure.
                  OK, thanks. Would these edits be acceptable?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Any feedback on my previous post please?

Comment

OK, thanks. Would these edits be acceptable?
                      Poor contrast on both.

Comment

• Hi, looking for some help with this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11496427

I am unclear what would have caused overprocessing as there was minimal post processing done to this image. As reference, I am attaching the original jpeg with no post editing other than resizing to be allowed for an upload in this forum. If 'editing halos' referring to the dark band above the aircraft - it is also present in the original image and I am not sure how it could have been avoided. Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks. ​
                        Attached Files

Comment

• adding highlights, shadows and other editing tools makes a image overprossesed, just edit it normally but only using sharpness/exposure/tint/saturation/contrast/cropping and leveling tools.
                          Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                          If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                          ——————————————————————————

Comment

Hi, looking for some help with this rejection: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11496427

I am unclear what would have caused overprocessing as there was minimal post processing done to this image. As reference, I am attaching the original jpeg with no post editing other than resizing to be allowed for an upload in this forum. If 'editing halos' referring to the dark band above the aircraft - it is also present in the original image and I am not sure how it could have been avoided. Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks. ​
                            Editing halos visible in both images, though stronger in the rejected one.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Editing halos visible in both images, though stronger in the rejected one.
                              That was precisely my question - what caused editing halos in the attached (original) image, as it had zero post processing done to it? Is it something in the camera settings? If so, which ones?

Comment

That was precisely my question - what caused editing halos in the attached (original) image, as it had zero post processing done to it? Is it something in the camera settings? If so, which ones?
                                Sorry, but you'll probably need to self-diagnose that. I have no idea what camera you even use, let alone what settings you might have adjusted (or not). D-Lighting on Nikons is always a culprit, but dehaze, clarity, etc.. so many different things could cause them.

Comment

Working...
                                X