Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is OK DO KAY. Thanks for your thoughts will keep for personal collection.

Comment

• Btw Jason, I just looked at your portfolio. Some nice stuff there, I really hope you'll upload some more

Alex

Comment

• Hello all,

I got this one rejected because of Over Processed / Bad postprocessing:

Well, one of these reasons that you know that something is wrong, but you don't always know what The only reason for now is that maybe the sky is too blue (I was shotting with polarizing filter).
        Could someone shed some light on the reason?
        Thank you,
        Michal

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnie View Post
          Hello all,

I got this one rejected because of Over Processed / Bad postprocessing:

Well, one of these reasons that you know that something is wrong, but you don't always know what The only reason for now is that maybe the sky is too blue (I was shotting with polarizing filter).
          Could someone shed some light on the reason?
          Thank you,
          Michal
          Michal

You have halos and shadows around the aircraft. If you equalise the image you will see them very clearly.

Comment

• Do you use Adobe Photoshop for editing your pictures ? If you use the shadow/highlight tool within Adobe PS it can cause this halos arround aircraft.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by cja View Post
              Michal

You have halos and shadows around the aircraft. If you equalise the image you will see them very clearly.
              Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
              Do you use Adobe Photoshop for editing your pictures ? If you use the shadow/highlight tool within Adobe PS it can cause this halos arround aircraft.

Cheers
              Thank you both CJ and Bjorn. I finally found these halos, in fact the aircraft is looking like with aureole.
              I'm on Linux with Bibble -> GIMP processing. I suppose that this could be cause by USM with large Radius (gives better contrast, but may cause some sight effects).
              Thanks again for help,
              Michal

Comment

• Originally posted by Siegi N.

Are you agree that the photo is herizon unlevel?

Actually I think the pohto is straight, I work with a ruler tool to straighten a pohto in photoshop CS5.
                Not when you take a line on the wall behind the plane - lining up on that wall, it needs 0.39 CCW.

Comment

• Mark, thank you.

Anyone else the rest of other images?

Best regards,
                  Siegi.

Comment

• Your thoughts is greatly appreciated.

Lockheed Emergency Landing "Dragon Star" by JasonKPHX, on Flickr

Comment

• Why do we ever use pre-screening guys ? To get images witch you are not shure off accepted right ?

Well i uploaded two images here in the pre-screening topice. It where my first nightshots. Gerardo looked at the images and said the where okay.
                      And what happened yesterday, both images where rejected.

I appealed the pictures with the reason they had been in pre-screening and where okay by Gerardo.

The only reason i got back is :
                      Admin Comments >> needs ccw verticals are off

So why should we ever use pre-screening guys ? Now i got two rejected images and i'm definitly not happy with that.

Comment

• Björn, that's completely unfair and uncalled for and to be honest I didn't expect that from you. First, the reason for this topic is not ...
                        To get images witch you are not shure off accepted right ?
                        The reason is, to give you a first impression, how chances may be if you upload them. Remember there are 38 screeners, I am just one of them. I would have uploaded both, other screeners think, they are not acceptable. C'est la vie. That's why we have a voting system, remember.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Okay thanks for explaining Gerardo, i will think about it next time i use the pre-screening topic. I really thought it was to give a go for uploading the picture and eventually get it accepted.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I got this picture rejected for too much or too little contrast.
                            Do i have any chance when put out an appeal ?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                              Hello everyone,

I got this picture rejected for too much or too little contrast.
                              Do i have any chance when put out an appeal ?

Cheers
                              It does lack some contrast. The right half is the look you should be looking for. Note the gap on the left side of the first histogram, things like that should normally be avoided.

Cheers

Comment

• Thanks Michael, probably edited this one in a hurry

Comment

Working...
                                X