Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
    For your attention:
    In A.Net the reason "common" it's only if there is at least one more reason for a rejection.
    If the photo is a good quality, without any other reason, there is no rejection because of "common".
    Also, there is no reason "similar" in A.net...

Just my 2 cents ...

Have a nice weekend.

PS - By the way, Well done to the JP screening team for your hard work today.
    you are correct Erezs, but at the same time, if they list "common" as a reason, it means that unless the picture has un unbelievable quality, it won't get accepted, whereas it could have a chance if it's not common. That is a turn off in my opinion.
    rgds,

Alberto

Comment

I was about to start a thread about how quick the queue has moved this past week. Good thing I checked this one first to see what it was about.

Anyway, a big to the screeners.

Even if they did reject most of my photos.

Comment

100% agree, the current rate is amazing

Comment

Seriously AWESOME work by the screeners - 15,00 in the queue a few weeks ago meant 20 or so days - my two current will be out of the queue in just over 7 - thanks screeners for the dedication and the seriously great work!!!

Comment

We appreciate the kind words!

Some of my fellow screeners have been putting in some phenomenal effort and for that they should be applauded!
            Chris Sharps
            5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
            17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
            24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
            1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Originally posted by chris78cpr View Post
              We appreciate the kind words!

Some of my fellow screeners have been putting in some phenomenal effort and for that they should be applauded!
              ....while others have been lazing around the pool in Las Vegas after arriving on their latest run with their new employer, British Airways !!!!

.....and getting married so I hear. Is that REALLY true or are you winding us up ?

...and if you are winding us up....get yer arse into gear and do it, she's gorgeous !!
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

[QUOTE=chris78cpr;598431]We appreciate the kind words!

Yes indeed so here goes......

Have a great day all.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  .....and getting married so I hear. Is that REALLY true or are you winding us up ?

...and if you are winding us up....get yer arse into gear and do it, she's gorgeous !!
                  You really want to see others doing the same mistakes as you did, huh!? ... and I, while at it
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                    Reducing the up-loads would be the other option. We also have ideas for that. The only problem is. The only problem is, what do you gain when you get 4 photos screened in 5 days or 20 in 20 days?

Regards

Stefan

I've been here nearly ten years both as a screener and an uploader, I remember the times when a queue of 1000 was considered out of control, I also remember Daryl moaning about the queue lengths at Anet and how he would only upload to JP from now on-that was nine years ago and frankly his regular 'I don't like it here, I'm going elsewhere' rants are repetitive. I'm intrigued by Stefan's comment as less uploads but over a longer period is precisely what I've been doing lately. I don't upload more than 5 shots at a time so the number of pictures I have in the queue is largely dictated by the size of the queue (and vice versa) and the positive for me is that regardless of the queue size I have a constant trickle of images coming through the system and that suits me. Imposing upload limits on Elite members is a difficult thing to contemplate but the idea of imposing a daily upload limit to all members rather than a queue limit that applies only to non-elite members may be something to consider. It might lead to more self screening, and thus better quality shots for the screeners to look at (screeners don't like screening bad pictures).

Matt
                    My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Good points Matt. I like the idea of a daily limit, mostly because I generally have a self imposed one of 20 maximum at a time.
                      A full day at Heathrow will generally generate 80 or so useable images and it takes me 4 days, sometimes double that to upload them. This results in a gentle trickle coming through as you describe with around 1000 screens in between my batches to give the screeners a break from same airport, same angle, same photographer style.
                      It also helps Gerardo to keep his sanity when I upload from Popham !!!
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

That's another good point Brian, I was living in the shadow of Heathrow from May 2011 to May 2012 and naturally took advantage of my location by making lots of visits which resulted in hundreds of very similar shots. Once I've edited the usable shots, taken out the lower quality shots and taken out the doubles I still have maybe 50 or more shots from the same angle, splitting them up into small batches results in nobody screening more than 5 of mine at a time which hopefully is a good thing for the screeners.

Matt
                        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

....while others have been lazing around the pool in Las Vegas after arriving on their latest run with their new employer, British Airways !!!!

Hahaha, she is gorgeous yes! Thank you!

And it's not all lying by swimming pool's i'll have you know!!! As i type i'm packing for two nights in Boston where it's nice and sunny, might hit up a red sox game, drink some beers... life is tough!

**Shuts door quietly**
                          Chris Sharps
                          5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                          17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                          24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                          1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Good points Matt. I like the idea of a daily limit, mostly because I generally have a self imposed one of 20 maximum at a time.
                            A full day at Heathrow will generally generate 80 or so useable images and it takes me 4 days, sometimes double that to upload them. This results in a gentle trickle coming through as you describe with around 1000 screens in between my batches to give the screeners a break from same airport, same angle, same photographer style.
                            Wow, in order to get 80 usable shots, I have to go spotting for about a month, and pray for the regs to be different!

Comment

Is it true Brian that all your Popham shots go straight to Gerardo's screening Q for acceptance?

Comment

Sometimes I really think, the queue is programmed like that .....
                                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                                X