Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Both soft/slightly soft.

Color fine on rejected image, I've accepted it.
    Thanks a lot for accepting the rejected image Dana,
    All the best for 2024 at first.

Unfortunately I've had two rejects which I don't really understand

At first this one, https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11468106 for oversharpen,

I see some oversharpening on the cheatline,but is it really that bad?

At second this one https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11469619 for JPG artefacts.
    This one really surprises me as my workflow should exclude this reject reason for me, And I've edited it as any other.
    Make a first step to a TIFF , and continue with processing after that, and in both cases save at the highest quality
    It was quite humid/ foggy that day, and several aircrafts produced condensation / vapour trails, so maybe something has been mistaken here?
    Any guidance would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
      Unfortunately I've had two rejects which I don't really understand

At first this one, https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11468106 for oversharpen,

I see some oversharpening on the cheatline,but is it really that bad?

At second this one https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11469619 for JPG artefacts.
      This one really surprises me as my workflow should exclude this reject reason for me, And I've edited it as any other.
      Make a first step to a TIFF , and continue with processing after that, and in both cases save at the highest quality
      It was quite humid/ foggy that day, and several aircrafts produced condensation / vapour trails, so maybe something has been mistaken here?
      Any guidance would be appreciated.
      First is fine, I've accepted it. Second is borderline, so I'll leave it to you to appeal if you see fit.

Comment

First is fine, I've accepted it. Second is borderline, so I'll leave it to you to appeal if you see fit.
        Thanks a lot for accepting the first one Dana, that's highly appreciated.

I still don't know what to do with the second one.
        Could you help me with recognising compresion artefacts please?
        I've checked the guidelines for compression, but I can''t find bordering colors in the photo.
        The only thing I can see is that the vapour trails look too odd, maybe to too much noise saturation?

Other option is that I also have this one.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3754.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	1177311

But I have very high doubts about the contrast in this one,
        Could you give an eye over it otherwise

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks a lot for accepting the first one Dana, that's highly appreciated.

I still don't know what to do with the second one.
          Could you help me with recognising compresion artefacts please?
          I've checked the guidelines for compression, but I can''t find bordering colors in the photo.
          The only thing I can see is that the vapour trails look too odd, maybe to too much noise saturation?

Other option is that I also have this one.

Name:	DSC_3754.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	1177311

But I have very high doubts about the contrast in this one,
          Could you give an eye over it otherwise

Many thanks in advance
          Soft in spots. Otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Soft in spots. Otherwise ok for me.
            Thanks for that Dana,

I've found some soft spots indeed (in my opinion) ,corrected them and uplaoded on a bit lower resolution

Unfortunately Ive to ask again for more explanation on a reject.

Regarding this one https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11481730.
            Think I;ve found the softness (LH side of the photo'especially?), but totally don't understand what's wrong with the contrast here?
            Any explanation would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comment

Unfortunately Ive to ask again for more explanation on a reject.

Regarding this one https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11481730.
              Think I;ve found the softness (LH side of the photo'especially?), but totally don't understand what's wrong with the contrast here?
              Any explanation would be appreciated
              Slightly harsh.

Comment

• Hello,

I would like a prescreen on two photos.

Name:	DSC_8050.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	1181046

Especiallly on contrast anf softness (mostly towards the tail)

Name:	DSC_8586-2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	615.3 KB
ID:	1181047

Especially for softness and horizon as the verticals are buzzing me. (Would like the use the Kuwait 777 as subject, not sure if that's OK, due to the business of the photo)

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,
                  I would like a prescreen on two photos.
                  1. borderline soft/harsh contrast
                  2. borderline soft

Comment

1. borderline soft/harsh contrast
                    2. borderline soft
                    Thanks Dana,

I've reworked them both already.

Unfortunately I've been caught by some other issues, so need to use my thread again now.

At first maybe a stupid question but, at which size did I upload this photo which was rejected tonight due to oversharpening. I have two edits of it on different sizes..Don't know anymore which one I've used and can't find the size on the photo pages. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11598893.,
                    As I see I have to rework the belly of the aircraft. (Only seeing jaggies at the long line and maybe a bit on the registration?)

At second i would like prescreen on three photos.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_8564.jpg Views:	0 Size:	399.0 KB ID:	1183103
                    Don't really exactly know what to do with the horizon here.Also this one could be a bit soft also?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_8531-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	349.7 KB ID:	1183104

Got several photos form my latest trip to LHR, like these, Will ask for only one here.
                    Really have no idea if the contrast is accurate here, due to flat/hazy sunlight for me.
                    Maybe this one is soft also.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_5109.jpg Views:	0 Size:	412.6 KB ID:	1183105

Light is shitty, but conditions are nice and I could frame it against the buildings.
                    Chances are of course real, that this will be a no-go, but i still would like a second opinion about it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks Dana,

I've reworked them both already.

Unfortunately I've been caught by some other issues, so need to use my thread again now.

At first maybe a stupid question but, at which size did I upload this photo which was rejected tonight due to oversharpening. I have two edits of it on different sizes..Don't know anymore which one I've used and can't find the size on the photo pages. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11598893.,
                      As I see I have to rework the belly of the aircraft. (Only seeing jaggies at the long line and maybe a bit on the registration?)

At second i would like prescreen on three photos.

Don't really exactly know what to do with the horizon here.Also this one could be a bit soft also?

Got several photos form my latest trip to LHR, like these, Will ask for only one here.
                      Really have no idea if the contrast is accurate here, due to flat/hazy sunlight for me.
                      Maybe this one is soft also.

Light is shitty, but conditions are nice and I could frame it against the buildings.
                      Chances are of course real, that this will be a no-go, but i still would like a second opinion about it.
                      Rejected image is actually fine, just the cheat line looks a bit oversharpened, but that's hard to avoid. Accepted now.

1. soft
                      2. borderline soft/contrast, but ok for me
                      3. soft/blurry, contrast. not fixable.

Comment

Rejected image is actually fine, just the cheat line looks a bit oversharpened, but that's hard to avoid. Accepted now.

1. soft
                        2. borderline soft/contrast, but ok for me
                        3. soft/blurry, contrast. not fixable.
                        Thanks a lot for accepting the UA 767 Dana., that's highly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I have to bother you again, as I've received another rejection today, which I do not completely understand.
                        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11604745 was rejected for underexposed and softness.
                        Softness I could deal with as i see some softness on the LH side of the aircraft, but underexposed looks pretty weird to me.
                        This one is from the same day and looks almost the same to me. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11237123 (only another registration)
                        so any guidance would be appreciated.

I have also another question.
                        I could upload this photo

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_8575-2-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	558.1 KB ID:	1183531
                        But there is a blue reflection visible on the right side from the nosegear.(probably from light of the ground)
                        Am I allowed to clone this out, or would this also be considered manipulation.
                        I think if I would upload it with this reflection, it would be rejected for that.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks a lot for accepting the UA 767 Dana., that's highly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I have to bother you again, as I've received another rejection today, which I do not completely understand.
                          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11604745 was rejected for underexposed and softness.
                          Softness I could deal with as i see some softness on the LH side of the aircraft, but underexposed looks pretty weird to me.
                          This one is from the same day and looks almost the same to me. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11237123 (only another registration)
                          so any guidance would be appreciated.

I have also another question.
                          I could upload this photo

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_8575-2-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	558.1 KB ID:	1183531
                          But there is a blue reflection visible on the right side from the nosegear.(probably from light of the ground)
                          Am I allowed to clone this out, or would this also be considered manipulation.
                          I think if I would upload it with this reflection, it would be rejected for that.

Thanks in advance
                          1. tail/right side is soft
                          2. soft, horizon, color, glare/dirt. cloning out window reflections would be considered manipulation.

Comment

1. tail/right side is soft
                            2. soft, horizon, color, glare/dirt. cloning out window reflections would be considered manipulation.
                            Thanks Dana,

I'll abandon these both.

Question about another reject.
                            Is this one really that soft?https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11619761 .
                            Can't really figure out where the softness is here tbh..
                            I have two more soft rejects, which I understand especially the saudia,

Also, do I see it right that this one is also (very) soft

Name:	DSC_8500.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	1184261

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks Dana,

I'll abandon these both.

Question about another reject.
                              Is this one really that soft?https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11619761 .
                              Can't really figure out where the softness is here tbh..
                              I have two more soft rejects, which I understand especially the saudia,

Also, do I see it right that this one is also (very) soft
                              Both are soft, yes.

Comment

Both are soft, yes.
                                Thanks Dana,

I will leave this two.

Another question about a reject.

Is this one really too soft? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11630896

Can't really see it to be hones
                                There are softer images between my rejects in my idea.

Further more I would like a prescreen of the following photo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_9523.jpg Views:	0 Size:	592.8 KB ID:	1185325
                                Especially on terms of contrast, softness, horizon and dirt.

Many thanks in Advance

Comment

Working...
                                X