Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we talk honestly about aviation biofuel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    Yeah, I'm extrapolating a little...
    Don't be humble. It's what you are an expert at.

I was addressing the fact that palm plantations sequester only a fraction of the C02 that the forests they replace once did. And since the SAF currently used by airlines like Lufthansa and Virgin are palm or coconut oil-based, as will be SAF in any meaningful quantities for the foreseeable future, it's very important to understand that. It's not sustainable.

But shrug it off, extrapolate, do what you do.

Comment

and he persists in making statement that he has no basis for. effin amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        and he persists in making statement that he has no basis for. effin amazing.
        ...and you* persist in denying the science...(sarcasm filter on high, of course)

*Footnote: me too
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Wall Street Journal, July 22, 2023.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

A recent news article suggested that Thlaspi arvense had a remarkable % oil in the seed and could be grown overwinter, when many fields are idle.

But, I forgot, only palm oil may be used.

Comment

Last week, Virgin Atlantic chartered the world’s first-ever transatlantic flight powered by sustainable aviation fuel. Their Boeing 787 flight from London to...

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
              X