• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	cubdash.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1175836 I can find the damn auto pilot anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

I very much highly doubt that she didn't understand that there was no autothrottle.
      I think what she didn't understand is how P+P=P works.
      Agree and just dissecting. In another YouTube, Otto is climbing and her speed is decaying. She clicks him off and the plane levels (don’t know if trim took it back or a deliberate input from her.)

She comments that speed improves.

Ironingly, she may have listened to you (not me) and know that nose down = stall prevention.

As you know, I’m a little more speed focused…not that that “any speed” rule doesn’t mean something.

I continue to struggle with what she did/didn’t know, but the videos do show a less than solid understanding of why her speed decayed during “cruise”.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

You better find it AND LEARN HOW TO USE IT, or you might get into a 5000 ft dive in good weather and crash!
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

It's right next to the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

You better find it AND LEARN HOW TO USE IT, or you might get into a 5000 ft dive in good weather and crash!
            5000'! I don't think I have ever been that high in a Cub in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

It's right next to the radio.
              I actually have a handheld for the Cub. It's been in the closet in my guest room with no batteries in it for about 20 plus years now.

Comment

5000'! I don't think I have ever been that high in a Cub in my life.
                Coffin corner, where you break up and die.

And, geemanitly, I’ve done it a 172…I guess I need some cool sunglasses.

Comment

In an update- supposedly some data have been recovered from a GoPro or two. I don't need to see it, but hopefully it will determine whether they went down unhappily pushing buttons and asking questions, or (my hope) something broke, or CO or some other medical crisis. (Yes, I usually wind up wrong when I give the benefit of doubt. Just trying to stay positive.)

Comment

Working...
                  X