Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relentless Air France A350 Crew Discovers Pitch Limiting Feature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relentless Air France A350 Crew Discovers Pitch Limiting Feature.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	759
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	1180976

It appears that the aircraft was airborne when this occurred.

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

It seems, yes. I don't know if they were still trying land after the bounce or if they had already started the go-around.
    In the video you can see (rather hear) that the "high power" engine noise comes after the tail strike, but that might be due to the spool-up delay.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

If so, do we file this under tail strike or CFIT? I saw a spotter report that the ground spoilers and reversers were deployed.

Comment

Can't imagine that the reversers were deployed due to the short timeframe between the bounce and the GA initiation.
        Furthermore once the thrust reversers are unlocked, you are commited to land.

The linked video shows why a high rotation rate is bad idea. The LH guy was simply lucky that his A350 was pretty fast during the bounce.
        The same goes for the linked photo which happened to a collegue of mine who is well known for his rapid rotation 'technique'.

Boeing 767-3Z9/ER - Austrian Airlines | Aviation Photo #1646611 | Airliners.net

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
          If so, do we file this under tail strike or CFIT?
          Why pick when you can have both?

Seriously, though, MANY tail strikes happen when the airplane is airborne, in an aggressive rotation in take-off, go-around or landing where the tail lands before the wheels do.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Why pick when you can have both?

Seriously, though, MANY tail strikes happen when the airplane is airborne, in an aggressive rotation in take-off, go-around or landing where the tail lands before the wheels do.
            Well...CFIT generally means the aircraft "flew into terrain" and stayed there, which is not the case in this instance...

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

Well...CFIT generally means the aircraft "flew into terrain" and stayed there, which is not the case in this instance...
              Yeah I was sort of kidding there. But seriously, in Los Angeles they call this low-riding.

Comment

So…would a favorite, basic 172 airmanship rule apply?

For the record, I have removed paint from a 172 tie down loop doing soft field practice on a hard field.
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                  For the record, I have removed paint from a 172 tie down loop doing soft field practice on a hard field.
                  Me too. In the Tomahawk. More than paint and more than once. Not in a soft field take-off practice but in bad full-stall landings. Let's say that i used an exquisite tailwheel technique called 3-point landing.

Comment

Working...
                  X