No announcement yet.

Incident: Endeavor CRJ9 at Toronto on Feb 3rd 2024, electrical fire in cockpit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incident: Endeavor CRJ9 at Toronto on Feb 3rd 2024, electrical fire in cockpit

An Endeavor Air Canadair CRJ-900 on behalf of Delta Airlines, registration N320PQ performing flight DL-4826 from Toronto,ON (Canada) to New York JFK,NY (USA) with 74 people on board, was climbing through about 11,000 feet out of Toronto's runway 06L when the crew donned their oxygen masks and declared Mayday Mayday reporting there were sparks in the cockpit, an electrical fire. The aircraft stopped the climb at 11,000 feet and returned to Toronto, the crew advised it appeared the fire was out, the captain's windshield heater had sparked up. The aircraft landed safely on Toronto's runway 06L about 25 minutes after departure.

The aircraft remained on the ground in Toronto for about 49 hours before returning to service.​

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

I'ma just make threads as incents ahappen

Comment

Incident: LATAM Brasil A319 at Sao Paulo on Feb 6th 2024, dropped main wheel

A LATAM Brasil Airbus A319-100, registration PT-TMO performing flight LA-3923 from Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont,RJ to Sao Paulo Congonhas,SP (Brazil), was descending towards Sao Paulo when the crew decided to divert to Sao Paulo's Guarulhos Airport reporting a gear problem. The aircraft performed a low approach to Guarulhos' runway 10L, tower and other ground observers could not detect the inboard left main wheel, the outboard left main wheel as well as both right hand main wheels were in place. The aircraft positioned for another approach to runway 10L and landed without further incident.

The airline reported the aircraft diverted to Guarulhos for corrective maintenance.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	332
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1181474

Comment

Accident: United Nigeria E145 at Lagos on May 31st 2023, runway excursion

A United Nigeria Embraer ERJ-145, registration 5N-BWW performing a flight from Abukaliki to Lagos (Nigeria) with 50 people on board, landed on Lagos' runway 18L at about 15:00L (14:00Z) but veered right off the runway and came to a stop on soft ground with the nose gear collapsed. There were no injuries.

The airline reported the aircraft "was forced to terminate its movement to the apron off the runway".

Passengers reported the aircraft was rolling out Wednesday afternoon when about halfway through the rollout the aircraft began to shake due to tyre detachment and went off the runway.

On Feb 6th 2024 Nigeria's NSIB released their preliminary report stating the aircraft was substantially damaged and summarizing the sequence of events:

On board the aircraft were 50 persons inclusive of 2 flight crew and 2 cabin crew with fuel endurance of 2 hours 29 minutes. The Pilot (41, ATPL, 7,000 hours total, 450 hours on type) was the Pilot Flying (PF) while the Copilot (48, CPL, 3,330 hours total, 1,164 hours on type) was the Pilot Monitoring (PM).

At about 15:00h, 5N-BWW was airborne Ebonyi airport en route DNMM, Lagos.

At 16:01:16 h, NUA0563 contacted Lagos Approach and reported 6 miles to runway 18L. Tower cleared the aircraft to continue approach and to confirm call sign, which was confirmed by the crew. NUA0563 was further cleared to continue approach and advised of traffic on runway 18L; an ATR-76 on take-off roll.

At 16:01:53 h, the ATR-76 was cleared for take-off 18L, to maintain runway heading and contact Approach on 124.7.

At 16:02:39 h, Tower cleared NUA0563 to land runway 18L, surface wind of 220/10 kt. According to ATC, “weather was good at the time, no rainfall, no precipitation of any sort” and NUA0563 acknowledged in the affirmative.

At 16:04 h, NUA0563 landed on runway 18L. During the landing roll, Tower observed the aircraft veered off to the right of the runway centreline onto the grass verge between Link 3 and Link 4, coming to a stop on the grass verge parallel to the runway between Link 4 and Link 5.

At 16:04:28 h, NUA0563 called out “MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY”.

At 16:05:03 h, Tower activated the CRASH ALARM. The Aerodrome Rescue and Fire Fighting Services (ARFFS) moved to the site immediately after the crash alarm bell was activated. The runway was then closed to traffic.

At 16:05:42 h, Tower raised MMF02 on the radio to confirm if the team was on ground, which was in the affirmative.

At 16:11:59 h, all passengers disembarked normally without injury.

The incident occurred in daylight Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC).

The NSIB described the runway excursion:

During landing roll, the aircraft veered to the right of runway 18L centreline for a distance of about 936 m from the runway threshold to the runway shoulder and continued onto the grass verge. It further moved on the grass verge, crossed a drainage channel onto the paved way at Link B3, a distance of about 1,760 m and continued onto the grass verge on the other side of the link. The aircraft then crossed another drainage channel and having travelled a total distance of about 1,860 m from the runway threshold, came to a stop. In the process, the aircraft nose landing gear assembly collapsed.

The NSIB released an "Immediate Safety Recommendation" to the operator:

United Nigeria Airlines should ensure compliance with Embraer Service Bulletin (SB) 145-32-0099 (current revision 03, dated April 8, 2005). The SB recommended upgrading the nosewheel steering hydraulic manifold, which required inspecting specific dimensions that were considered critical for the proper operation of the O-ring seals within the EHSV to ensure that they were within tolerance limits.

Views:	328
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1181475

Comment

Incident: Lux DH8D near Munich on Feb 4th 2024, cracked windshield

A Luxair de Havilland Dash 8-400, registration LX-LQD performing flight LG-5682 from Ljubljana (Slovenia) to Luxembourg (Luxembourg), was enroute at FL240 about 80nm southeast of Munich (Germany) still in Austrian Airspace when the crew initiated a descent to FL070 reporting a cracked windshield. The aircraft diverted to Munich for a safe landing on runway 26L about 30 minutes later.

The flight was cancelled, the passengers were rebooked onto other flights.

The occurrence aircraft remained on the ground for about 31 hours, then positioned to Luxembourg and resumed service.

Comment

Accident: Avion Express A320 at Vilnius on Feb 3rd 2024, temporary runway excursion

An Avion Express Airbus A320-200, registration LY-NVL performing flight X9-8242 from Milan Bergamo (Italy) to Vilnius (Lithuania), landed on Vilnius' runway 19 at about 14:19L (12:19Z) but veered right off the runway onto soft ground, went across a turnoff and returned onto the runway centerline at about 5 knots over ground. The aircraft subsequently vacated the runway via the next turn off and taxied to the apron. The aircraft sustained substantial damage.

The occurrence aircraft is still on the ground in Vilnius about 6 hours after landing.​

The aircraft during the excursion:

Views:	328
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	1181487
            The aircraft seen back on the runway:

Views:	293
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	1181488
            The aircraft the following day with a torn underside of the fuselage:

Views:	290
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	1181489
            Map and trajectory (Graphics: AVH/Google Earth):

Views:	295
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	1181490​​

Comment

Originally posted by DK_Edits View Post
              Incident: LATAM Brasil A319 at Sao Paulo on Feb 6th 2024, dropped main wheel

A LATAM Brasil Airbus A319-100, registration PT-TMO performing flight LA-3923 from Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont,RJ to Sao Paulo Congonhas,SP (Brazil), was descending towards Sao Paulo when the crew decided to divert to Sao Paulo's Guarulhos Airport reporting a gear problem. The aircraft performed a low approach to Guarulhos' runway 10L, tower and other ground observers could not detect the inboard left main wheel, the outboard left main wheel as well as both right hand main wheels were in place. The aircraft positioned for another approach to runway 10L and landed without further incident.

The airline reported the aircraft diverted to Guarulhos for corrective maintenance.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	128 Size:	146.6 KB ID:	1181474
              Anyone missing a wheel?

Views:	219
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1181863

Comment

Originally posted by DK_Edits View Post
                I'ma just make threads as incents ahappen
                I vote for you to stop. We (at least I) don’t need a copy of The Aviation Herald in this forum. If you want to bring here an incident or accident that you find particularly interesting to start a discussion here, and you copy some part of the article that supports the point you want to make, I have no objection whatsoever. I do that myself. But this is a DISCUSSION forum, not a repository of some aviation news media. Not to mention that copying and pasting all or significant parts of the articles, including pictures, without giving any opinion or criticism of it, is clearly not “fair use” and it is a violation of copyright. And people reading the full article here don’t go to AVH to read it, reducing the revenue for the people that really does the investigative journalism work.

My personal opinion…

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

If you want to start a thread based on something from Aviation Herald, write your own description and include a link to avherald.com. That's fair game.

But please, only the really interesting stuff. A non-event windscreen heating glitch isn't much to talk about.

Comment

I was hoping someone other than me would say something.

Comment

And forget about 1/3-2/3 photograph composition.

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                      ***write your own description and include a link to avherald.com.***
                      “THERE HAS BEEN A NEAR-TOTAL AIR DISASTER!!!!!” and “OMG! Did they died?” are always good options.
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

I vote for you to stop. We (at least I) don’t need a copy of The Aviation Herald in this forum. If you want to bring here an incident or accident that you find particularly interesting to start a discussion here, and you copy some part of the article that supports the point you want to make, I have no objection whatsoever. I do that myself. But this is a DISCUSSION forum, not a repository of some aviation news media. Not to mention that copying and pasting all or significant parts of the articles, including pictures, without giving any opinion or criticism of it, is clearly not “fair use” and it is a violation of copyright. And people reading the full article here don’t go to AVH to read it, reducing the revenue for the people that really does the investigative journalism work.

My personal opinion…
                        I will start to find reports and put them into my own words and not plagiarize them anymore and I will also be very active in the model discussion forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X