No announcement yet.

Incident: One Air B744 near Amsterdam on Feb 8th 2024, two generators failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incident: One Air B744 near Amsterdam on Feb 8th 2024, two generators failed

A One Air Boeing 747-400 freighter, registration G-ONEE performing flight HC-211 from London Heathrow,EN (UK) to Hong Kong (China), was climbing out of Heathrow's runway 09R when the crew stopped the climb at FL250, already over the North Sea reporting they had lost two of their four generators and requested radar vectors advising they had no lateral navigation left. The aircraft initially turned back towards England, then turned again and diverted to Amsterdam (Netherlands) advising they didn't need any fuel dump, and landed safely on Amsterdam's runway 06 about 85 minutes after departure.

The aircraft is still on the ground in Amsterdam about 7.5 hours after landing in Amsterdam.

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Originally posted by DK_Edits View Post
    A One Air Boeing 747-400 freighter, registration G-ONEE performing flight HC-211 from London Heathrow,EN (UK) to Hong Kong (China), was climbing out of Heathrow's runway 09R when the crew stopped the climb at FL250, already over the North Sea reporting they had lost two of their four generators and requested radar vectors advising they had no lateral navigation left. The aircraft initially turned back towards England, then turned again and diverted to Amsterdam (Netherlands) advising they didn't need any fuel dump, and landed safely on Amsterdam's runway 06 about 85 minutes after departure.

The aircraft is still on the ground in Amsterdam about 7.5 hours after landing in Amsterdam.
    OMG! The dreaded two generator out approach!

Are you kidding me? In a freighter! A total non event!

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

Why would they lose L-nav?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

There is copyright infringement when copy text from other sites and paste it here. avherald.com

Comment

Originally posted by sanderzwart View Post
          There is copyright infringement when copy text from other sites and paste it here. avherald.com
          I forgot to paste the link here I put it in

Comment

I forgot to paste the link here I put it in
            Still not visible
            Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
            If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
            ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

I have no idea? You would have to lose other systems to lose L-nav.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

Still not visible
                I can see the link though maybe yours is a little slow

Comment

I can see the link though maybe yours is a little slow
                  I have been here for 2 minutes, and i reset the forums, but i still cant see it, but the problem is probably my computer, the core is at 97 celcius and going very slowly
                  Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                  If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                  ——————————————————————————

Comment

May be a translation issue. They might have become no longer RNAV-legal, but that does not necessarily mean they lost lateral navigation.

Comment

As I recall, 744 APU is dual-gen, is that correct?

Comment

I have no idea, computers would shift the load automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

As I recall, 744 APU is dual-gen, is that correct?
                          Some, depends how it was ordered. But a freighter with 2? No galleys, no entertainment systems etc. You could still run a small village.

Comment

I have no idea, computers would shift the load automatically.
                            Could this be something a manual reconfiguration would fix? Perhaps the legendary One Air training regimen skipped over the electrical system reversions?

Comment

Some, depends how it was ordered. But a freighter with 2? No galleys, no entertainment systems etc. You could still run a small village.
                              "You could still run a small village."

Comment

Working...
                              X