No announcement yet.

Southwest Airlines Nose Gear Collapse at LGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I witnessed this -300 doing a three point landing after an approach in tricky conditions. It had a high nose attitude until crossing the threshold, then down came the nose:
    [photoid=6042324]

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      Way to have absolutely no acknowledgement whatsoever of valid points made by other posters.

Please carry on with your one sided omnipotent dismissive judgement from your keyboard which is not traveling at 135 knots hauling 150 people, because that is so easy to do.
      I am sorry if I am confusing you sir,
      It seems you NOW agree that it is NOT the SAME as driving your car at 3 MPH ? - or am I mistaking what you say ?.

The person flying for 34 years for a profession, said that the 'pilot' was involved in :
      "landing on the nosewheel, wrecking the airplane, and injuring passengers".

What more do you want ? - that is a simple fender bender ? - a 'simple' mistake ?
      Possibly Tired ? - a long day ?

WHAT is the difference here in Asiana's and Southwest's 'mistakes' ?
      It is industry wide my man, it is pandemic, it is not isolated to one area or airline.
      It mostly boils down to money..... the value of human life (not much).
      As long as people class it on a level of putting tea in a coffee pot or a simple parking bump, then all is lost.
      Game over, insert coin.

Comment

Joe......put simply......now it's obvious that you were not joking.......

You're a tit. ( other readers may want to substitute their own description but as a JP admin I couldn't possibly use that kind of language )

If the problems you are talking about are so pandemic then how come, in all my years of flying have I NEVER experienced anything remotely approaching an accident.
        What I HAVE experienced is several incidents where the pilot/s have overcome severe weather etc and safely brought us to our destination.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by snydersnapshots View Post
          Gabriel... Scratching my head over "NVA"....
          No Value Added. That is, useless, futile, pointless, worthless.

EDIT: Note that I've said NVA "discussion". Even when I don't agree, I respect Joe's opinion, as I do with your's that is much closer to mine. It's not Joe's opinion, but his attitude what, IMHO, makes the discussion worthless.

I was feeling like that for a while, and finally formed my opinion the moment I read this:
          Then recruit pilots with an IQ in double digits who can fit into the seat comfortably.... (that rules out 78.6% !!)

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

You're a tit. ( other readers may want to substitute their own description but as a JP admin I couldn't possibly use that kind of language )

If the problems you are talking about are so pandemic then how come, in all my years of flying have I NEVER experienced anything remotely approaching an accident.
            What I HAVE experienced is several incidents where the pilot/s have overcome severe weather etc and safely brought us to our destination.
            A 'moderator' on a power trip... hmmmmm . .. research pandemic old boy... As in it affects the whole world, not just the good ol' boys in the 'US' of 'A' Billy Bunters.

I compliment you on your own 'TIT' rating as well sir...

You take the piss outa the Koreans, but not the Fat, thick, Yankee idiots ??
            Strange.......

Hee hee

Comment

"Get orf me daddy yerr crooshing maa ceegrets....."

You are hired !!! -

(Job interview in "A"Merica)

Can yer fly da tin boy ?

Yeah man !

Ok, you is in, you is Captain of da watch, Dis here's yer gurn.....

Brian, these people are total idiots......... 'me gort mea trailur, an' a pickurp trerk... gord darn... and me got me a peelot lisense..... yee ha...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                "Get orf me daddy yerr crooshing maa ceegrets....."

You are hired !!! -

(Job interview in "A"Merica)

Can yer fly da tin boy ?

Yeah man !

Ok, you is in, you is Captain of da watch, Dis here's yer gurn.....

Brian, these people are total idiots......... 'me gort mea trailur, an' a pickurp trerk... gord darn... and me got me a peelot lisense..... yee ha...
                Brian, I call for an immediate ban on this fine British GENTLEMAN!

He obviously knows that only the British pilots are worthy of holding an ALTP.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                  I am sorry if I am confusing you sir,
                  It seems you NOW agree that it is NOT the SAME as driving your car at 3 MPH ? - or am I mistaking what you say ?.

The person flying for 34 years for a profession, said that the 'pilot' was involved in :
                  "landing on the nosewheel, wrecking the airplane, and injuring passengers".

What more do you want ? - that is a simple fender bender ? - a 'simple' mistake ?
                  Possibly Tired ? - a long day ?

WHAT is the difference here in Asiana's and Southwest's 'mistakes' ?
                  It is industry wide my man, it is pandemic, it is not isolated to one area or airline.
                  It mostly boils down to money..... the value of human life (not much).
                  As long as people class it on a level of putting tea in a coffee pot or a simple parking bump, then all is lost.
                  Game over, insert coin.
                  In SFO, I think there was enough evidence produced by the NTSB to form an opinion on what happened and why. In the case of the 737 incident, we are yet to know any detail other than the eventual outcome.

That is why your finite judgement just doesn't sit well.

You also seem to be attacking the non flying pilot, but without any specific evidence to support such a final and insulting judgement.

How do you know it was not a control anomaly or an autoland glitch that they monitored correctly but could not react to in time or a weather anomaly or the aircraft was loaded very tail heavy creating excessive control sensitivity...or a hundred other possible circumstances that could have contributed to this outcome?

Having been a man manager for over 30 years, I do recognize excessive pre-judgement to often have roots in personal insecurity and immaturity. Your reaction to the comments above kinda supports that and makes discussion a little pointless.

Maybe you should try twitter or facebook where you can unleash your issues to a less discerning crowd?

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

He obviously knows that only the British pilots are worthy of holding an ALTP.
                    Sadly, the English gentleman is fast becoming bred out by the 'I want it now' crowd of social oiks and tits.

Still a few left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dispatch Dog View Post
                      Sadly, the English gentleman is fast becoming bred out by the 'I want it now' crowd of social oiks and tits.

Still a few left.

Oh damn, I forgot to put the first line in BLUE font now that I know what it means!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                        Brian, can you also please delete all his posts and the replies to them. These threads are impossible to follow with all these trolls sowing weeds in the garden.

And delete this post as well. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                          No Value Added. That is, useless, futile, pointless, worthless.
                          Ahhh... gotcha.

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                          Even when I don't agree, I respect Joe's opinion, as I do with your's that is much closer to mine. It's not Joe's opinion, but his attitude what, IMHO, makes the discussion worthless.
                          I agree wholeheartedly.
                          The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

Thank you Brian.

I might add that if the problem was as "pandemic" as Joe says then the airlines would be creating scrap aluminum piles at airports all over the world and the incidents would be so common that they would no longer be newsworthy.
                            The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe H View Post

You take the piss outa the Koreans, but not the Fat, thick, Yankee idiots ??
                              Strange.......

Hee hee

Read what I said you little idiot. I did not take the piss out of the Koreans, I gave them a thumbs up for getting one back on those who made the original comments and made up names for the Asiana flight crew.

The huge use of repetitive smilies by the way only serves to illustrate your inability to communicate effectively by use of the properly written English language.

Oh, by the way. I'm not on a power trip at all. If I was, you wouldn't be able to post here. My job is to exercise a degree of control sometimes in these forums when some idiotic troll pops their head up and starts going major time off topic and upsetting people. I choose to do it in a mildly humorous manner to inject a mildly entertaining experience for all concerned. Usually though, said troll is too thick to see or understand it.
                              I'm off now to inspect your other offerings on this site. What I find could well have a bearing on your continued presence here.
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                                Read what I said you little idiot. I did not take the piss out of the Koreans, I gave them a thumbs up for getting one back on those who made the original comments and made up names for the Asiana flight crew.

The huge use of repetitive smilies by the way only serves to illustrate your inability to communicate effectively by use of the properly written English language.

Oh, by the way. I'm not on a power trip at all. If I was, you wouldn't be able to post here. My job is to exercise a degree of control sometimes in these forums when some idiotic troll pops their head up and starts going major time off topic and upsetting people. I choose to do it in a mildly humorous manner to inject a mildly entertaining experience for all concerned. Usually though, said troll is too thick to see or understand it.
                                I'm off now to inspect your other offerings on this site. What I find could well have a bearing on your continued presence here.
                                Again, sadly, I believe that Joe's opinion and reaction is all too indicative of many others that perceive aviation and its workforce in a relatively uninformed light. I think it is therefore useful to have that view on a discussion forum simply to understand that a view that is peculiar to those within the industry. For every Joe H, there are probably hundreds like minded readers that do not air their views. I also believe that Joe's views are often the result of tabloid type journalism and sensationalist programs that 'teach' the masses how they should react: judgment, outrage and revenge rather than balanced justice.

As abhorrent as some of the views and the manner in which they are expressed may sometimes be, I for one am fascinated by them, though not as much as the invaluable views of the experienced and educated... so as long as the attitude can be moderated but since this is the burden of moderators, the ultimate decision of course is Brian's.

Comment

Working...
                                X