Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2439.jpg
Views:	1229
Size:	620.5 KB
ID:	1170335Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2438.jpg
Views:	3067
Size:	787.1 KB
ID:	1170334 Hey all, I have a big problem of getting under sharpened photos (soft) images and don’t know why. Here is my work flow. I edit on my iPad Pro on Lightroom and add about 90 sharpening. I save the file in 1280px wide and save it to files on my Apple iPad Pro. I then upload it to jetphotos where it gets rejected for undersharpened soft. I use a modern gear, Canon EOS R7 with a good lens. So I don’t think it’s the gear, and I make sure it’s the sharpest photos I use of course. Can anyone help me figure out what the softness comes from and how I can solve it? I have attached some photos a screener noted as soft.

Best regards Nick

Originally posted by Nick Aviator View Post

ID:	1170334 Hey all, I have a big problem of getting under sharpened photos (soft) images and don’t know why. Here is my work flow. I edit on my iPad Pro on Lightroom and add about 90 sharpening. I save the file in 1280px wide and save it to files on my Apple iPad Pro. I then upload it to jetphotos where it gets rejected for undersharpened soft. I use a modern gear, Canon EOS R7 with a good lens. So I don’t think it’s the gear, and I make sure it’s the sharpest photos I use of course. Can anyone help me figure out what the softness comes from and how I can solve it? I have attached some photos a screener noted as soft.

Best regards Nick
    Not an expert but I would recommend 1. using pc lightroom and 2. using 100 sharp and maybe some radius

Comment

Originally posted by flyetty View Post

Not an expert but I would recommend 1. using pc lightroom and 2. using 100 sharp and maybe some radius
      Thank you for your answer, I’ll try that in the future what is radius can you explain that and how much to use approximately. What will the difference on a pc be?

Comment

Thank you for your answer, I’ll try that in the future what is radius can you explain that and how much to use approximately. What will the difference on a pc be?
        As said, not an expert I've just been told to use these for my photos

Comment

Best regards Nick
          Hi, im not a screener, but im almost sure that it doesn't matter how sharp your images come from the camera, for complying to the JP Focus/Sharpness Standard, you will have to increase that sharpness a bit with post-edition. Taking care of not oversharp or over-process it.

Regards
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/315324

Comment

What will the difference on a pc be?
            Maybe with a better and bigger monitor than a mobile device will be easier for you to see that the images are soft.

You can do it on mobile even though, it's a matter of practice the eyes.

It is important to note that there isn't a recipe that will work on all photos when talking about the amount of sharpness you'll need to apply in post processing, every photo is a different case. The lens sharpness vary with the aperture you use and even with different zoom. Also the focus may not be as accurate every times, so, you have to see and judge the amount of sharpening each photo needs. There will be an average that will work on most photos, but if you are getting lots of rejections by soft, this average should be more than the 90 you are using. As said before, in some cases a higher amount of radius is needed too, sometimes I get better results with more radius and less amount of sharpening.

Comment

Originally posted by llpilch View Post

Maybe with a better and bigger monitor than a mobile device will be easier for you to see that the images are soft.

You can do it on mobile even though, it's a matter of practice the eyes.

It is important to note that there isn't a recipe that will work on all photos when talking about the amount of sharpness you'll need to apply in post processing, every photo is a different case. The lens sharpness vary with the aperture you use and even with different zoom. Also the focus may not be as accurate every times, so, you have to see and judge the amount of sharpening each photo needs. There will be an average that will work on most photos, but if you are getting lots of rejections by soft, this average should be more than the 90 you are using. As said before, in some cases a higher amount of radius is needed too, sometimes I get better results with more radius and less amount of sharpening.
              Thanks for your advice. How much radius would you recommend to use in what range. I have a hard time seeing any difference in the picture with radius.

Comment

Name:	IMG_1902.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	1170671
                Hello, I would like to get a pre-screening on this photo. Any feedback is appreciated. If it is fine for upload please let me know.

1280px

Comment

Hello, I would like to get a pre-screening on this photo. Any feedback is appreciated. If it is fine for upload please let me know.
                  Image is soft, compressed, and poorly centered.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Image is soft, compressed, and poorly centered.
                    Hello, how can I fix the softness? If I look in Lightroom nothing is blurry looks pretty sharp in there. Sharpening used: 95 radius: 1,3, details 70, noise reduction 24. What could I perhaps change? Maybe more sharpening? Your help and tips are appreciated.

Comment

Name:	IMG_1902 2.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	1170709 Increased sharpness to 120 and details 80. How does it look now?

Comment

Increased sharpness to 120 and details 80. How does it look now?
                        Still a bit soft and high in the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Still a bit soft and high in the frame.

Name:	IMG_1902.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	360.4 KB
ID:	1170714 Hey, what about now? Lowered plane a bit and increased sharpening to 130.

1280px.

Comment

Name:	IMG_1893.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	724.8 KB
ID:	1170723 Hello I would like to get a pre-screening / advice for this photo. And would like to know if this count as night shot.

Comment

Hey, what about now? Lowered plane a bit and increased sharpening to 130.
                              Still a touch high (but ok for me) and slightly soft.

Hello I would like to get a pre-screening / advice for this photo. And would like to know if this count as night shot.
                              Soft. Yes night shot.​

Comment

Working...
                              X