Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pictures got rejected, I would like your help/feedback

Hi guys,

A couple days ago I uploaded my first set of pictures after reading the guidelines and picking out some pictures of which I thought they might have any change of passing the screening (some more than others to be honest). Today however I got an email saying the following:

"Dear JetPhotos contributor,

The quality of your recent batch of photos made us decide to reject all photos you have in our queue.
    Unfortunately none of those photos meet our standards.
    We suggest you to read our upload guidelines, and when you believe you are able to meet our criteria, try again with a maximum of one or two photos at a time.
    We thank you for your effort and are looking forward to see you again in the future, when you have managed to improve the quality of your photos.​"

I now don't know which standards of JetPhotos I missed however I have to improve the quality. So it could be the bad quality category however they do tell me to try again and in the guidelines it states that when it is bad quality you shouldn't try to re-edit because it would not be of any use. Then an other option with quality is that de compressing kills it. Going from 6000x4000 to a 1280 pixels picture does kill the quality a lot but other people on this forum say that that is not meant with quality.. so I am really lost. Maybe good to know, I edit my photos using Luminar AI and export them with 240 px/inch in JPG with 100% quality and no sharpening.

It could of course be other things that I have missed or am biased about so I would love to hear your thoughts.

Because they got rejected I now have a -3 queue slots so I can not reupload anything to get it rechecked after tweeking with stuff so that is another reason why I came her.

Thanks in advance!

(Okay.. when I upload the pictures to this forum they are way, more grey or blackish than what I see in for example file explorer so I hope that this also isn't what the screeners see.. because I don't know how to fix it.. If one of you does know please let me know! )

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02922.jpg Views:	0 Size:	588.5 KB ID:	1181324Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01917.jpg Views:	0 Size:	590.0 KB ID:	1181325Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC01607.jpg Views:	0 Size:	749.1 KB ID:	1181326
    Attached Files

1- is dark, too low on frame and has a slight purple tint, also blurry
    2-is not centered (too left and down on frame) and soft
    3-soft, dark( a bit) and maybye contrast, also has a slight purple tiny
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by Max Kissen View Post
      Hi guys,

A couple days ago I uploaded my first set of pictures after reading the guidelines and picking out some pictures of which I thought they might have any change of passing the screening (some more than others to be honest). Today however I got an email saying the following:

I now don't know which standards of JetPhotos I missed however I have to improve the quality. So it could be the bad quality category however they do tell me to try again and in the guidelines it states that when it is bad quality you shouldn't try to re-edit because it would not be of any use. Then an other option with quality is that de compressing kills it. Going from 6000x4000 to a 1280 pixels picture does kill the quality a lot but other people on this forum say that that is not meant with quality.. so I am really lost. Maybe good to know, I edit my photos using Luminar AI and export them with 240 px/inch in JPG with 100% quality and no sharpening.
      This has nothing to do with compression; you're starting with poor quality images. Anything that is blurry or taken in poor light will have little chance regardless of the amount of editing you put into it. It would be a good start to go over the basics of photography (composition, exposure triangle, etc..) first before attempting further uploads. If you are unsure of anything, you can come back here to check for advice before uploading any new images.

If you are noticing any differences in color/exposure with your uploads check that you are using the same/correct color space and profile when editing and uploading, which should be sRGB.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This has nothing to do with compression; you're starting with poor quality images. Anything that is blurry or taken in poor light will have little chance regardless of the amount of editing you put into it. It would be a good start to go over the basics of photography (composition, exposure triangle, etc..) first before attempting further uploads. If you are unsure of anything, you can come back here to check for advice before uploading any new images.

If you are noticing any differences in color/exposure with your uploads check that you are using the same/correct color space and profile when editing and uploading, which should be sRGB.
        Oh shoot, I was using ProFotoRGB, now the result is better (atleast colour wise), thank you for your advice!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01607.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	722.0 KB
ID:	1181436
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
          1- is dark, too low on frame and has a slight purple tint, also blurry
          2-is not centered (too left and down on frame) and soft
          3-soft, dark( a bit) and maybye contrast, also has a slight purple tiny
          Thank you so much for you reply! I am learning a lot from this. Picture 2 I have readjusted and have re-exported it however the rest where on further inspection just not great.

I have also looked through my catalogue to see if there are pictures with a change. So if someone has the time I would like some feedback on the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02868.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	483.0 KB
ID:	1181438

Comment

Thank you so much for you reply! I am learning a lot from this. Picture 2 I have readjusted and have re-exported it however the rest where on further inspection just not great.

I have also looked through my catalogue to see if there are pictures with a change. So if someone has the time I would like some feedback on the following:
            Soft/blurry, overprocessed. Not fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Soft/blurry, overprocessed. Not fixable.
              Thank you so much for your feedback. Personally I don't think I can find myself in the over processed part because I basically only corrected for the lens in the editing software. But I'll try to find a way to make that less noticeable. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Avoiding shadows/highlights will result in the image not being overprossesed in most of the cases, although depending on your photo editor other things will cause overprossesing.
                Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                ——————————————————————————

Comment

Thank you so much for your feedback. Personally I don't think I can find myself in the over processed part because I basically only corrected for the lens in the editing software. But I'll try to find a way to make that less noticeable. Thank you for your feedback.
                  Extremely strong editing halos are visible. This is caused by something other than lens correction.

Comment

Working...
                  X