Majky737 - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

I have PHOTO of OE-LPD accepted in DB taken on 2016. Yesterday, I have took photo of same plane on same airport. Only difference is there are some strips with music signs and sticker "My sounds of Austria" is applied.

Is it ok to upload this new photo too, or are these changes on paintscheme too small and will be rejected for similar?

Thank you
    Marian

Click image for larger version

Name:	OE-LPD.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	722.4 KB
ID:	1165476

Comment

• Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
      Hello,

I have PHOTO of OE-LPD accepted in DB taken on 2016. Yesterday, I have took photo of same plane on same airport. Only difference is there are some strips with music signs and sticker "My sounds of Austria" is applied.

Is it ok to upload this new photo too, or are these changes on paintscheme too small and will be rejected for similar?
      Not similar.

Comment

• Hello,

I want to ask for prescreening of attached photo. I am a little affraid it might be soft and maybe affected by JPEG compression? As well I am not fully sure about contrast and maybe heat disortion?

Thank you for your advice.

M.

Name:	TC-GRO.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	1167420

Comment

Hello,

I want to ask for prescreening of attached photo. I am a little affraid it might be soft and maybe affected by JPEG compression? As well I am not fully sure about contrast and maybe heat disortion?
          Soft/blurry, overprocessed/compression. Not fixable.

Comment

• Hello,

I have took some pictures during my recent trip and I would like to know if some of them have chance to make it to DB.

1. - This was taken trought window. So my main concerns are if is window glare somehow visible or not? And should this be rejected for obstruction as one wing is hidden? If so, would tighter crop work?

Name:	SE-DMS.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	846.7 KB
ID:	1169183

2 - This was taken trought window, would be rejected for glare?

Name:	EI-SIK.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	690.9 KB
ID:	1169184

3 - this was taken trought window, would be rejected for glare? Maybe contrast, colors?

Name:	ET-AUO.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	682.1 KB
ID:	1169185

4 - Would this be rejected for obstruction? I have checked some other photos of this frame in DB, sometimes the float is hidden behind ponton, sometimes not, so hard to decide to me if I should give it a go or not.

Name:	OY-NSA.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	881.2 KB
ID:	1169186

Thank you for your feedback and time.

M.

Comment

Hello,

I have took some pictures during my recent trip and I would like to know if some of them have chance to make it to DB.

1. - This was taken trought window. So my main concerns are if is window glare somehow visible or not? And should this be rejected for obstruction as one wing is hidden? If so, would tighter crop work?

2 - This was taken trought window, would be rejected for glare?

3 - this was taken trought window, would be rejected for glare? Maybe contrast, colors?

4 - Would this be rejected for obstruction? I have checked some other photos of this frame in DB, sometimes the float is hidden behind ponton, sometimes not, so hard to decide to me if I should give it a go or not.
              1. horizon, borderline contrast
              2-3. soft, borderline contrast
              4. obstruction

Comment

• Hello,

today, I have received reject for being underexposed/dark: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11266664

Well, I made some adjustment resulting to attached photo:

Name:	64-IS_2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	667.6 KB
ID:	1169700

However, I am not sure if I should upload this edit, as the shadow from wing is not very good. Do you think it is worth to adjust / upload this photo or does shadow on fuselage kill it's chances at all?

Thank you.
                Marian

Comment

Hello,

today, I have received reject for being underexposed/dark: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11266664

Well, I made some adjustment resulting to attached photo:

However, I am not sure if I should upload this edit, as the shadow from wing is not very good. Do you think it is worth to adjust / upload this photo or does shadow on fuselage kill it's chances at all?
                  Still pretty dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Still pretty dark.
                    Thank you. One more try to edit, still too dark?

Name:	64-IS_3.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	688.0 KB
ID:	1169970

Comment

Thank you. One more try to edit, still too dark?
                      Overall exposure seems to be ok, but light is quite harsh.

Comment

• Hello,

I want to ask for prescreening of attached photo. My main concerns are about sharpening and if the photo is not backlit (as wings are in shadow).

Thank you.

Name:	OE-9133.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	1170673

Comment

Hello,

I want to ask for prescreening of attached photo. My main concerns are about sharpening and if the photo is not backlit (as wings are in shadow).
                          Indeed a bit soft/blurry.

Comment

• Hello,

today, I have received this reject for Soft and Contrast:
                            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I have started again from original file. I have sharpened photo and as I think contrast was too strong, I have set it a little lower.

I want to ask for pre-screening, especially if the photo is sharp enought and if not, which area is soft. As I started from original, I am seeking for advice about horizont as well.

Thank you for your time.

M.

Name:	SE-DMS_3.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	797.4 KB
ID:	1171819

Comment

Hello,

today, I have received this reject for Soft and Contrast:
                              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I have started again from original file. I have sharpened photo and as I think contrast was too strong, I have set it a little lower.

I want to ask for pre-screening, especially if the photo is sharp enought and if not, which area is soft. As I started from original, I am seeking for advice about horizont as well.
                              Still soft and poor contrast. Might not be fixable.

Comment

• Hello,

I am looking for some advice on attached photos. My main concerns are noise/undersharpening on first and contrast on second. Better to keep those for private collection?

Thank you for your time.

Name:	OM-ART.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	1182299

Name:	SE-MLP.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	1182300

Comment