No announcement yet.

bobh - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, it's been a while since I've taken photos and am a bit rusty on editing. I'd be grateful if someone could comment on the attached photo please
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bobh View Post
      Hi, it's been a while since I've taken photos and am a bit rusty on editing. I'd be grateful if someone could comment on the attached photo please
      Dust spot, and maybe a bit soft in places but otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Hi, I've got a new computer and am now using different version of Lightroom and Photoshop. I wanted to ask for feedback on the photo below, however I see here that the colours are off, but when I did a trial upload to the queue (not submitted to the queue) it looks fine. I don't think I changed anything in my process or saving, I saved as JPEG rather than JPEG 2000. Any idea what I might have missed?

Edit: I did a trial with selecting/not selecting Embed Color Profile: ProPhoto RGB. This does not affect what is seen when I upload to the forum, but does affect what is saved on my computer. When selected I see what I edited, but when not selected I get colours like that in the photo below. So it seems to be something with what I'm selecting when saving, is there something I should select so that photos uploaded here to the forum look as intended?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I've got a new computer and am now using different version of Lightroom and Photoshop. I wanted to ask for feedback on the photo below, however I see here that the colours are off, but when I did a trial upload to the queue (not submitted to the queue) it looks fine. I don't think I changed anything in my process or saving, I saved as JPEG rather than JPEG 2000. Any idea what I might have missed?

Edit: I did a trial with selecting/not selecting Embed Color Profile: ProPhoto RGB. This does not affect what is seen when I upload to the forum, but does affect what is saved on my computer. When selected I see what I edited, but when not selected I get colours like that in the photo below. So it seems to be something with what I'm selecting when saving, is there something I should select so that photos uploaded here to the forum look as intended?
          Workspace and embedded color profile for photos should both be sRGB otherwise you will run into problems like this.

Comment

Thank you. I finally had a thought to go look at some other posts, sorry I didn't think of this before, and this led me to the solution you've written above. And thanks for the very quick reply!
            So, back on track I hope, would it be possible to have some feedback on this photo please.

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. I finally had a thought to go look at some other posts, sorry I didn't think of this before, and this led me to the solution you've written above. And thanks for the very quick reply!
              So, back on track I hope, would it be possible to have some feedback on this photo please.
              Sharpening's borderline, but ok for me.

Comment

Working...
              X