How nature affects aviation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How nature affects aviation...

...let's say since I am a jetphotos member, so not since 1847, but rather .. let's say since January 2010.
    [This list doesn't claim to be complete.]

I don't know if all of us really remember what happened back then, in January 2010.

January 12 2010 - Earthquake near Port-au-Prince, magnitude 7.0 . The de wiki says, on that Tuesday at 16:53 local there was a heavy earthquake in Haiti . German Geologists say, the earth was unstable for 35 seconds. The Cathedral of Port au Prince was completely destroyed during that 35 seconds, and it is destroyed until today. Alot of people who visited Haiti already within 48 hours after the earthquake said that it was a blessing that at least the 10/28 rwy at Port au Prince International airport (ICAO: MTPP) was and still is intact. Among them have been
    alot of US-Americans and Canadians, who until today provide aviation in Haiti.

And I remember that back then I planned something like an Air Canada B747-400 simulator flight, to also bring the virtual idea of helpers and something to eat to Haiti,
    as far as I can remember with a departure at the Dorval Intl airport (ICAO: CYUL) of Montréal.

And I like to repeat this flight, probably before the end of this year.

And what is your #2, or do you have a different #1?
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

What drugs are you on exactly?

Comment

I was once going from Flyover to MSP during a healthy Flyover snowstorm. I don’t remember the airline name, but the initials were TWA. My 10:00 AM flight was delayed to 12:00.

As I walk the concourse, I see “Flight XYZ, MSP, Scheduled 8:00 AM, now 10:00 AM.

I approach the podium with a bound stack of papers and carbon papers…”Got any seats open?” Papers are pulled, typing happens, a printer buzzes, things are stapled and I get to MSP as planned.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        II don’t remember the airline name, but the initials were TWA.
        ThreeWee Airlines?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I am way more experienced in how aviation affects nature.
          Fixed.
          "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Karl View Post
            I (3BS) use aviation to kill nature.

Not_Karl’s original Not_Quote Not_Fixed.
            Now_Fixed.

You’re not_welcome.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Now_Fixed.
              INDEED.
              "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                What drugs are you on exactly?
                Exactly what i have always wanted to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

ThreeWee Airlines?
                  Actually, it was known as Teeny Weenie Airlines. I used to watch their Connie's heading out early in the morning while I was loading my D-18 with freight heading to the Bahamas at 0400. A beautiful sight and sound.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

Actually, it was known as Teeny Weenie Airlines. I used to watch their Connie's heading out early in the morning while I was loading my D-18 with freight heading to the Bahamas at 0400. A beautiful sight and sound.
                    I don't know if you noted or not. ThreeWee was a reference to 3WE to whom I was replying.
                    And as a side note, 3WE, aslo known as K3WE, was a now defunct airport from where 3WE (the guy) used to operate.

All that said, I didn't know that people called Teeny Weenie Airlines to Trans World Airlines (TWA). Strange, because it was not precisely a very small airline. According to Wikipedia, at a time TWA was the world's third-largest airline by passenger-miles, behind Aeroflot and United. Was that an internal joke or also people outside of the industry called it like that?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

I don't know if you noted or not. ThreeWee was a reference to 3WE to whom I was replying.
                      And as a side note, 3WE, aslo known as K3WE, was a now defunct airport from where 3WE (the guy) used to operate.

All that said, I didn't know that people called Teeny Weenie Airlines to Trans World Airlines (TWA). Strange, because it was not precisely a very small airline. According to Wikipedia, at a time TWA was the world's third-largest airline by passenger-miles, behind Aeroflot and United. Was that an internal joke or also people outside of the industry called it like that?
                      In the industry.

Comment

Strange, because it was not precisely a very small airline. According to Wikipedia, at a time TWA was the world's third-largest airline by passenger-miles, behind Aeroflot and United.
                        Was that an internal joke or also people outside of the industry called it like that?
                        I’m thinking ISO 20XX skills may not_go hand-in-hand with sarcasm.

I think Teenie Weenie Airlines is fairly widely known joke name, the main limiting factor that it’s a fairly obvious.

/3BS technical moment.

Comment

I’m thinking ISO 20XX skills may not_go hand-in-hand with sarcasm.

I think Teenie Weenie Airlines is fairly widely known joke name, the main limiting factor that it’s a fairly obvious.

/3BS technical moment.
                          I think it's more a bit of language / cultural barrier than anything to do with ISO.

Comment

Working...
                          X