Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On January 16, 2012 Office of Millitary Prosecutor released new version of CVR transcript prepared by Forensic Lab in Kraków. I translated and added part of that transcript (starting 10:25.7) to the 2 other transcripts released earlier.

(One earlier transcript was prepared by Russians and released in 2010 by Polish government, the other was released in January 2011 during Polish Military conference).

I translated and published them in a spreadsheet (with one row being one second).
    There was a couple of second shift between the two early transcripts.

Now, on January 16, 2012 Polish Military Prosecutor released the newest transcript (published that day by major newspapers). With that new transcript we have yet another timeline.

All transcripts and translations are here: http://goo.gl/Uunk7
    New transcript is in column D.

Comment

• I'll probably be called a Wet Blanket again but this has to be the lamest thread in the History of Aviation Forums.

What happened was some blokes tried to land an Aircraft in fog. It didn't work. It often doesn't but people often still try it for various reasons. It's like Base jumping, it usually works if things go right. God Bless if they don't.

I just thought I'd add one more post in the hope of explaining what the last 1838 apparently haven't.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by tsv View Post
        I'll probably be called a Wet Blanket again but this has to be the lamest thread in the History of Aviation Forums.

What happened was some blokes tried to land an Aircraft in fog. It didn't work. It often doesn't but people often still try it for various reasons. It's like Base jumping, it usually works if things go right. God Bless if they don't.

I just thought I'd add one more post in the hope of explaining what the last 1838 apparently haven't.

Cheers
        Your point?

Comment

• Wait till you see what's going to be in Post #1842.

Admit it, got chew on the edge of your chair right?
          Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

...What happened was some blokes tried to land an Aircraft in fog. It didn't work. It often doesn't...
            So what you're saying is if you wanted to assasinate the president of Poland, it might be a good idea to generate a fog bank as the plane is coming into land.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
              We've been over this so many times. It wouldn't matter if the chart was drawn in crayon by an idiot and the navaid was in Switzerland. That wouldn't crash the plane.
              I didn't say that a mis-adjusted naviad, or improper appraoch chart caused the crash, I said why trust the investigators to be transparent about it.

If the navaid was mis-adjusted, the investigation might call that to light, and then some peoples jobs and reputations might be on the line, and then there might be some sort of cover up...

1) Stranger things have happened.
              2) It doesn't make it an elegant assasination plot.
              3) Stranger things have happened.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan_Creek View Post
                Your point?
                My point is that all the ridiculously extragant theories and accusations put forward in this thread detract from what is potentially a good forum for discussing aviation. Who wants to read through 93 pages of crap to find a handful of interesting comments?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                  So what you're saying is if you wanted to assasinate the president of Poland, it might be a good idea to generate a fog bank as the plane is coming into land.
                  LOL. I'm not in the Business of Assasination but that idea seems a bit complex.

All I'm saying is that if the new Polish President improves the Safety Culture of his Defence Forces so that incidents such as Pilots busting Minimums are not considered acceptable he is unlikely to suffer the fate of his predecessor.

Comment

All I'm saying is that if the new Polish President improves the Safety Culture of his Defence Forces so that incidents such as Pilots busting Minimums are not considered acceptable he is unlikely to suffer the fate of his predecessor.
                    Already done. The old VIP unit is disbanded. LOT is flying those VIP missions for the government now. Hopefully they lock them out of the cockpit now too. The Polish government has accepted the truth and learned their lesson from all of this. That really is all that matters.

Comment

My point is that all the ridiculously extragant theories and accusations put forward in this thread detract from what is potentially a good forum for discussing aviation. Who wants to read through 93 pages of crap to find a handful of interesting comments?
                      OK, so the placement of your comment was unfortunate, because I have not posted for a year, then I post about new official transcripts released and post a link to translation http://goo.gl/Uunk7 and then your comment about this thread comes next, so I take it personally.

Bottom line is; we have three transcripts and they're all off by couple of seconds from each other. Even stuff like conversations with CT or the other airplane. It should be possible to synchronize this in XXI century I think.

For all who complain about this thread I dedicate a song you all know:

Why do we always come here
                      I guess we'll never know
                      It's like a kind of torture
                      To have to watch the show

Comment

• 2 or 3 seconds, who cares, right? Data granularity.
                        In this clip a Polish reporter speaking from Smolensk on the day of the crash says:
                        "... the first information that the accident happend I got by a phone call from one of the participants of the official Polish delegation at 10:40 local time which is 8:40 Polish time, so practically 4 minutes after the crash ..."

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

The crash happened at 10:36?

Comment

• There has been a lot of discussion in the Polish media recently about general Blasik, the head of Polish Air Force. The Phonoscopic Institute in Cracow made it clear that none of the voices heard in the cockpit belonged to Blasik. The investigators, when questioned by the reporters, why they assumed that Blasik was in the cockpit, responded that they followed the findings from the Russian report. Apparently, according to the Russian report, Blasik's body was found in the "cockpit" sector (sector 1). The problem with this is that in the "cockpit" sector there were 13 bodies, but not the bodies of PIC, F/O or F/E (these bodies were found in sectors 2 and 3). The whole thing seems to be a fabrication to support the thesis that Blasik was pressuring pilots to land. Also the accusation about alcohol in his blood has been thrown out.

Comment

• Some people have examined the parts of the broken wing and showed that it would have been impossible for a tree to break it off. On pic 1 you can see the extent of the damage to the slats at the point where the tree supposedly hit the wing. The separation area is behind the slat but the slat is almost intact. Pic 2 shows some of the parts examined. On pic 3 you can see where (the red arrow) the tree would have hit the wing according to the data from the Polish report. Not where the separation happened.

These findings confirm Binienda's experiment results that the wing was broken off not because of the collision with the tree.

Comment

• They also checked the position of the plane in relation to the lines of cut trees. Things don't work here either. They set the altitude, AoA, pitch and roll as given in the reports and came up with the position of the plane that would be lower than the one indicated by cut trees. The trajectory data in the reports is not correct.

Comment

• I hope that at some point all these people stop saying what didn't happen and start saying what did happen.

It would be most interesting to learn how all those trees were cut.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
                                X