Cessna 414 Crash at KSNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elaw View Post
    Can someone remind me, what is the porpoise of this discussion?
    That was a good one!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      Maybe we should ask if Davey agrees with the official cause of TWA-800?
      Why not! I better run to the store and get a big bag!

Comment

Maybe we should ask if Davey agrees with the official cause of TWA-800?
        Nah... I would go straight to Polish 101.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by elaw View Post
          Can someone remind me, what is the porpoise of this discussion?
          To discuss.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            Nah... I would go straight to Polish 101.
            Indeed...too much focus on automation and improper training there!
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Many moons ago, I was flying an old B 720. It had 2 autopilots one of which was named Flipper. It would oscillate 100' from the target altitude all day. Could get you sick after a while. They never were able to get it to work right. So that is my porpoise story. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                Many moons ago, I was flying an old B 720. It had 2 autopilots one of which was named Flipper. It would oscillate 100' from the target altitude all day. Could get you sick after a while. They never were able to get it to work right. So that is my porpoise story. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.
                I porpoise-bounced a 172 on my first solo...instructor AND back seat student got out and I guess it got lighter and liked flying a bit more. I didn't did died and the landings (all three of them) were perfect "by definition".
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• I bounced a lot of times on poor landings, but I never touched down nose first or porpoised (yet). More the opposite, I would tend hold it up until I had the stall warning screaming and the yoke against my chest with the nose way high, to the point that once I fully stalled a bit too high and made a tail-wheel-first landing.... except of course the Tomahawk doesn't have a tail wheel but a tie-down anchor point. Ouch. Luckily no damage other than a good rough grinding of the tie-down point.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                    Many moons ago, I was flying an old B 720. It had 2 autopilots one of which was named Flipper. It would oscillate 100' from the target altitude all day. Could get you sick after a while. They never were able to get it to work right. So that is my porpoise story. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.
                    I once saw a dolphin off the departure end of 25R at LAX.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                      I once saw a dolphin off the departure end of 25R at LAX.
                      We hate you...mister puppy mill junior ITS neked RJ retiree crackerbox driver who actually knows about phugoids...

Comment

We hate you...mister puppy mill junior ITS neked RJ retiree crackerbox driver who actually knows about phugoids...
                        I didn't go to a puppy mill, didn't have that kind of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                          I didn't go to a puppy mill, didn't have that kind of money.
                          Noted. The mystery goes on.

Edit: Given that you are not_a puppy mill product, are loaded with procedural and fundamental knowledge and have apparently never porpoised an aircraft (not even using a ragged out autopilot), and free from the regional world and now flying real aeroplanies as El Capitan, is it time to give you the title of Domestic Super Genius Pilot of the Millennium?

Comment

Working...
                          X