No announcement yet.

MarkLawrence - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would venture panning unevenness - it was a Sigma 60-600mm working in the confines of a Robinson R44 - there are a lot of others that are accepted, the Saudi 777 was literally 5 minutes after the BA - so as it's one series, that is why I lean to the panning - can I shoot one last one at you? I don't think it is as bad on the right, but your eye is better - it is the last in the series. Thanks very much for your advice!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B77W-G-STBA-KLAX-09072023-05.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	769.7 KB
ID:	1175886

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
      I would venture panning unevenness - it was a Sigma 60-600mm working in the confines of a Robinson R44 - there are a lot of others that are accepted, the Saudi 777 was literally 5 minutes after the BA - so as it's one series, that is why I lean to the panning - can I shoot one last one at you? I don't think it is as bad on the right, but your eye is better - it is the last in the series. Thanks very much for your advice!!
      Yeah, this one looks better. Think it needs some CW though.

Comment

• Something to work on! Great - thanks Dana!

Comment

• Can a screener please let me know where this is soft? I have compared it to other images I took on the same day that have been accepted, and I don't see the difference. There was a whole batch here that were rejected for soft, so I just want to make sure I get where the softness is before I correct them all.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Also, with this one, softness rejection aside, is this too much contrast?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thanks!

Comment

Can a screener please let me know where this is soft? I have compared it to other images I took on the same day that have been accepted, and I don't see the difference. There was a whole batch here that were rejected for soft, so I just want to make sure I get where the softness is before I correct them all.

Also, with this one, softness rejection aside, is this too much contrast?

Thanks!
            Soft/blurry towards the nose (right side) on both. Saw that (right side sharpness issues) on the previous issues. Might be panning, but might also want to check your lens?

Contrast weak due to light being nearly nose-on.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              Might be panning, but might also want to check your lens?

Contrast weak due to light being nearly nose-on.
              Thanks Dana - it was a rented lens and the body I used at the time is no longer in existence - it met an untimely end on a tile floor!

Thanks as always for the information!!

Comment

• This was previously rejected for soft, could I get a prescreen for it now that I have increased the sharpening please?

Name:	A339-D-ANRA-KLAX-09102023-10.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	1177533

Comment

This was previously rejected for soft, could I get a prescreen for it now that I have increased the sharpening please?
                  Still quite soft, even a bit blurry towards the right side.

Comment

• Thanks Dana!

Comment

• This was previously rejected for Contrast. Will this suffice for a re-edit or is it personal collection? Click image for larger version

Name:	B38M-VP-CIX-KLAX-09102023.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	1178164

Comment

This was previously rejected for Contrast. Will this suffice for a re-edit or is it personal collection?
                        Very washed out. Not sure that it's fixable.

Comment

• Thanks Dana, will save it in personal collection.

Comment

• Revisiting some older images with a slightly diffeent style of editng, so could I get a pre-screen please, as well as any comments on the crop.

Name:	B738-5Y-CYE-FAOR-03082019-02.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	802.0 KB
ID:	1179117

Comment

Revisiting some older images with a slightly diffeent style of editng, so could I get a pre-screen please, as well as any comments on the crop.
                              Soft, cut off, color (chromatic aberration visible towards the edges).

Comment

• Thanks Dana.

Comment

Working...
                                X