Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Dinsdale - Pre-Screening/Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • James Dinsdale - Pre-Screening/Editing Advice

    Hi all,

    Hope I am doing this right. I would just like some advice for this photo I took. I'm a little uncertain and tried to fix it as best as I can, any advice/comments gratefully appreciated. Click image for larger version

Name:	Aus JP-2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	682.7 KB
ID:	1085260

  • #2
    Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
    Hi all,

    Hope I am doing this right. I would just like some advice for this photo I took. I'm a little uncertain and tried to fix it as best as I can, any advice/comments gratefully appreciated. Click image for larger version

Name:	Aus JP-2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	682.7 KB
ID:	1085260
    Hi,

    Looks a bit compressed, either from NR, or the camera itself, though the bigger problem is the poor light. This would almost certainly be rejected for contrast.

    Comment


    • #3
      Anyone able to give me some idea if these would be acceptable? I think they are right on the border, but still, I think they are a unique angle from LHR Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2821.jpg Views:	0 Size:	398.5 KB ID:	1086004Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2817.jpg Views:	0 Size:	369.7 KB ID:	1086003

      Comment


      • #4
        [QUOTE=JamesDC152;n1086002]Anyone able to give me some idea if these would be acceptable? I think they are right on the border, but still, I think they are a unique angle from LHR /QUOTE]

        Hi, please read here when you get the chance, #6 in particular:

        https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

        Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          [QUOTE=dlowwa;n1086032]
          Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
          Anyone able to give me some idea if these would be acceptable? I think they are right on the border, but still, I think they are a unique angle from LHR /QUOTE]

          Hi, please read here when you get the chance, #6 in particular:

          https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

          Thanks.
          I have read #6 and I don't understand the connection to my request?

          Comment


          • #6
            [QUOTE=JamesDC152;n1086048]
            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

            I have read #6 and I don't understand the connection to my request?
            Those aren't be the images you would actually be submitting, so no point in offering advice.

            Comment


            • #7
              [QUOTE=dlowwa;n1086056]
              Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post

              Those aren't be the images you would actually be submitting, so no point in offering advice.
              Why wouldn't I be submitting them? I'm just admitting I'm unsure if they would be accepted, hence why I am asking

              Comment


              • #8
                I would venture that Dana is trying to tel you.. that the images as they are here - cannot be submitted with sizes, etc. You need to get to the actual image that you are going to upload - size limits, sharpening, contrast, etc. edited and upload it here for checking before you submit them.

                Just an outsiders point of view

                Comment


                • #9
                  [QUOTE=JamesDC152;n1086103]
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                  Why wouldn't I be submitting them? I'm just admitting I'm unsure if they would be accepted, hence why I am asking
                  Maximum allowable size for uploads is 1920pix, if previously approved. Otherwise it is 1280. Your images are 2300 and 2500 pixels wide, respectively, and are thus not submittable.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I understand, sorry. I hadn't resized them and was just wanting some advice on the viability of the photo, so apologies for that!
                    Any advice on this? Click image for larger version

Name:	easy JP.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	842.5 KB
ID:	1086438

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
                      I understand, sorry. I hadn't resized them and was just wanting some advice on the viability of the photo, so apologies for that!
                      Any advice on this? Click image for larger version

Name:	easy JP.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	842.5 KB
ID:	1086438
                      Nearly backlit, and crop's a bit tight on the left side.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	eva JP.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	873.6 KB
ID:	1086513Thanks. Yeah I did think so too on the backlit. Some more if you have chance.Click image for larger version  Name:	ANZ PS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	1086512
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
                          Some more if you have chance.
                          1. ok
                          2. dark/borderline backlit
                          3. soft, dark, dirty
                          4. soft

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Morning, thoughts on these pleaseClick image for larger version

Name:	United JP.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	546.2 KB
ID:	1086762
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
                              Morning, thoughts on these pleaseClick image for larger version

Name:	United JP.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	546.2 KB
ID:	1086762
                              Both soft, and a touch dark.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X