• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
    hi, thoughts on this please
    Soft/blurry, and poor crop on left.

Comment

Hi I had this photo rejected but I appealed it as I couldn't find where the glare dirt was. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8212160
      The appeal was rejected with the comment " Upper left corner." But I am still unsure what is causing this to be rejected, can anyone help?

Comment

Hi I had this photo rejected but I appealed it as I couldn't find where the glare dirt was. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8212160
        The appeal was rejected with the comment " Upper left corner." But I am still unsure what is causing this to be rejected, can anyone help?
        Bright line/glare through upper-left portion of the frame. Please also use sRGB color profile on future uploads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	94068_1591784302.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	900.4 KB
ID:	1092744

Comment

Hi, Could I please have some advice on this, especially the rotation/horizon, I really struggle to get the right horizon leveling with such floodlights that become a little distorted towards the top of the image, which always gives a bad impression of the horizon, whereas the second floodlight more central in the image is straight.

Too add to the confusion I had this rejected - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8234293 - which included the horizon unlevel (the others I can half agree with), but looking at the floodlights as the only meaningful measurement of the horizon they are pretty much all vertical. How are screeners measuring the horizon with such ramp shots? I also raise the fact that floodlights taper towards the top which can give the illusion of an unlevel horizon
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Could I please have some advice on this, especially the rotation/horizon, I really struggle to get the right horizon leveling with such floodlights that become a little distorted towards the top of the image, which always gives a bad impression of the horizon, whereas the second floodlight more central in the image is straight.
            Pretty good indication the horizon might be off is the actual horizon not being level:

Name:	image_33107.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	689.2 KB
ID:	1093405

In this case, pretty badly off. Also, please use sRGB color profile for uploads to JP rather than Adobe 1998.

Too add to the confusion I had this rejected - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8234293 - which included the horizon unlevel (the others I can half agree with), but looking at the floodlights as the only meaningful measurement of the horizon they are pretty much all vertical. How are screeners measuring the horizon with such ramp shots? I also raise the fact that floodlights taper towards the top which can give the illusion of an unlevel horizon
            Horizon is at least close to being level in this one, just needs a little CCW rotation.

In the future, use these to judge horizon, in descending order of importance:

1. Actual horizon (if visible)
            2. Strong vertical references from the center of the frame
            3. Strong vertical references from the edge of the frame.

Vertical references at the center of the frame are preferred because those at the edges tend to suffer the effects of barrel distortion. I 'strong' vertical reference would be a building, while a weak one would be something like a lamp post.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Pretty good indication the horizon might be off is the actual horizon not being level:

Name:	image_33107.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	689.2 KB
ID:	1093405

In this case, pretty badly off. Also, please use sRGB color profile for uploads to JP rather than Adobe 1998.

Horizon is at least close to being level in this one, just needs a little CCW rotation.

In the future, use these to judge horizon, in descending order of importance:

1. Actual horizon (if visible)
              2. Strong vertical references from the center of the frame
              3. Strong vertical references from the edge of the frame.

Vertical references at the center of the frame are preferred because those at the edges tend to suffer the effects of barrel distortion. I 'strong' vertical reference would be a building, while a weak one would be something like a lamp post.
              Thanks Dlowwa,

You mention about sRGB. The colour space taken from my Canon 80D was srGB and the lightroom export colour spacing was sRGB... what makes you under the impression that it is different?

Comment

Thanks Dlowwa,

You mention about sRGB. The colour space taken from my Canon 80D was srGB and the lightroom export colour spacing was sRGB... what makes you under the impression that it is different?
                Because the rejected image carries the Adobe 1998 color profile attached.. check it yourself.

If you've updated Lightroom recently, doing so usually resets the default color profile.

Comment

Because the rejected image carries the Adobe 1998 color profile attached.. check it yourself.

If you've updated Lightroom recently, doing so usually resets the default color profile.
                  Oh I thought you meant this LEVEL photo. You commented it before about the sRGB and since then I have changed my camera colour space and made sure my lightroom exports it too, so yes the ryanair would've been a different colour space

Comment

Another question regarding pre-screening. Would the taxiway obstructing the bottom of the wheels cause a rejection?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another question regarding pre-screening. Would the taxiway obstructing the bottom of the wheels cause a rejection?
                      No, should be acceptable.

Comment

No, should be acceptable.
                        Thanks, another quick obstruction related query, the small truck by the engine going under maintenance, would this cause a rejection? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8258082

Comment

Thanks, another quick obstruction related query, the small truck by the engine going under maintenance, would this cause a rejection? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8258082
                          The photo is already in the queue, so we won't comment on that any more.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

The photo is already in the queue, so we won't comment on that any more.
                            Apologies, I just would like a good idea for such obstructions as I have read in the guidance that there is a little leeway allowed for such trucks. For the sake of fairness, I have removed the photo from the queue and I will ask again for any advice if such obstruction would cause a rejection
                            Attached Files

Comment

Apologies, I just would like a good idea for such obstructions as I have read in the guidance that there is a little leeway allowed for such trucks. For the sake of fairness, I have removed the photo from the queue and I will ask again for any advice if such obstruction would cause a rejection
                              It's not about fairness. If you read here like I suggested before, you can see it explicitly states that images already in the queue will not be prescreened by crew:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

And don't know if intentional or not, but the image is still in the queue two hours after you claimed to have removed it, so..

Comment

It's not about fairness. If you read here like I suggested before, you can see it explicitly states that images already in the queue will not be prescreened by crew:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

And don't know if intentional or not, but the image is still in the queue two hours after you claimed to have removed it, so..
                                My apologies, I did intend to delete from the queue, I think I may have just forgotten to "confirm" the box before changing browser tab to the forum, completely unintentional

Comment

Working...
                                X