Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Dinsdale - Pre-Screening/Editing Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Hi would these photos be rejected for backlit? the sun is behind my left shoulder opposite the aircraft
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
      Hi would these photos be rejected for backlit? the sun is behind my left shoulder opposite the aircraft
      Probably yes, the problem is that the aircrafts are not well lit

      Comment


      • #78
        Morning, would this photo be acceptable?
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
          Morning, would this photo be acceptable?
          A bit soft
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

          Comment


          • #80
            Hi, is the crop acceptable on this?
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
              Hi, is the crop acceptable on this?
              Yes.

              Comment


              • #82
                Would this be suitable for a Spotting Location photograph?
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
                  Would this be suitable for a Spotting Location photograph?
                  Nope, does not meet the requirements for photos of Spotting Locations.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Evening,

                    I had this photo rejected for horizon unlevel, as it was my first wing view shot (I think) I wasn't sure which datum to use for the horizon, especially when the aircraft was banking. What would the screener had judged this by? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8538209

                    Cheers

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
                      Evening,

                      I had this photo rejected for horizon unlevel, as it was my first wing view shot (I think) I wasn't sure which datum to use for the horizon, especially when the aircraft was banking. What would the screener had judged this by? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8538209

                      Cheers
                      Judged by the fact that all the buildings are leaning to the right.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Evening all

                        I had this photo rejected and subsequent appeal the screener said "weather may be the culprit for the lack of contrast but not a reason to accept the photo" - my question is whether this photo is editable to a suitable quality for acceptance and what would you amend ? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8570076

                        Surely the historic occasion of the photo and aircraft should trump the small reason to not accept it, especially if its not a million miles away to what a more acceptable photo would be in the perfect weather conditions. As I feel the histogram indicates a suitable level of contrast, what else can be done?
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
                          Evening all

                          I had this photo rejected and subsequent appeal the screener said "weather may be the culprit for the lack of contrast but not a reason to accept the photo" - my question is whether this photo is editable to a suitable quality for acceptance and what would you amend ? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8570076

                          Surely the historic occasion of the photo and aircraft should trump the small reason to not accept it, especially if its not a million miles away to what a more acceptable photo would be in the perfect weather conditions. As I feel the histogram indicates a suitable level of contrast, what else can be done?
                          Image has already been appealed, and comments left.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                            Image has already been appealed, and comments left.
                            I've asked for editing advice, rather than an appeal.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
                              Evening all

                              I had this photo rejected and subsequent appeal the screener said "weather may be the culprit for the lack of contrast but not a reason to accept the photo" - my question is whether this photo is editable to a suitable quality for acceptance and what would you amend ? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8570076

                              Surely the historic occasion of the photo and aircraft should trump the small reason to not accept it, especially if its not a million miles away to what a more acceptable photo would be in the perfect weather conditions. As I feel the histogram indicates a suitable level of contrast, what else can be done?
                              The contrast doesn't seem suitable for the DB, not mentioning the fact that it is also soft. Probably one for the personal collection.
                              Instagram: www.instagram.com/iadspotter

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post

                                I've asked for editing advice, rather than an appeal.
                                I realize that, but as stated here:

                                https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

                                we ask that you ask for advice before appealing. Otherwise we then need to spend twice as much time dealing with the image. If you had asked for help before, I could have told you the image is not fixable and not worth appealing, but now I need to take the time to do so, and the person who dealt with your appeal had to spend that time too. If you're so certain that you are correct that you want to appeal before asking for advice, great, do it. But don't then expect to come back to the forum to ask for the advice you decided you didn't need if/when your appeal is rejected.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X