No announcement yet.

Second Turnback This Week Due to Unruly Pax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TeeVee even if the graph is legit, i dont care.

And that says it all! I've got mine, pull up the ladder. What a self centered putz!

Comment

• Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Pandemic is definitively not over. Or if you want to consider in "endemic" now, it is the worst and most deadly endemic disease.

Going through a low now, but even in this low the number of deaths per week in the US is above other low moments of the pandemic where masks, social distancing and limits to business operations (like restaurants and cinemas) were in place. But the worst part for the US is that other countries that have a lot of people movement between there and the USA are going through a spike or "wave". And I am talking about countries that already went through the standard Omicron wave. Including all of the Western EU + UK, Australia, Japan and South Korea.

It is at least possible that this will spark a new wave in the USA, which be not a good timing now that preventive measures are not being used (masks, social distancing, limiting the capacity of stores and restaurants, etc...) and planes, restaurants, pubs, etc are crowded and operating at their full capacity.

And TeeVee and 3we, before you start bashing me, please read my comment above again and carefully pay attention to what I did NOT say.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• I watched the MS 5:30 national news. (Not FOX).

The BS was amazing. The government has forced us to CHOOSE if we need to wear masks…yeah, I’m to stooopud…i might have to think.

And “young children”…

THE talking points…zero counterpoint.

Because, Science(TM)
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
          WIth the recent, ultra-contagious variant that has raged in Europe…
          The less recent ultra contagious variant, Omicron, raged across the US last December. I guess BA.1 showed up in the sewers and graphs bumped, but, like ATL said- coverage canceled because Ukraine(TM).

I would like stats on what % of folks have had all the Uber-contagious variants (That’s the problem: Wuhan 1.0 was Uber contagious)

I’m sure it’s not 100%, but it’s now just another bug. Evan needs to remain in his bubble. Microbiology 101-put a nutritious Petrie plate on a table for 10 min with no cover…put on the sterile cover and watch shit grow. Viruses, Bacteria, Flu, Bad colds, and a low death rate that hits folks with underlying conditions harder. Gabe and Bobby better wear masks.

Bring on XLT and CoVid-Max. Omicron got me…vaxxed, boosted, Japanese subways had masked folks long ago.

But how awful that the government FORCE me to CHOOSE!
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            The government has forced us to CHOOSE if we need to wear masks
            This.

I remember, a million years ago, a pandemic was in the cards. We were ADVISED to social distance and wear masks. There was a RUN on masks. There were not enough masks. People were going to great lengths to HORDE masks. There were not enough left for our front-line medical staffs. So we were told NOT to wear medical masks, but rather to make our own, and keep our distance from the respiratory droplets of others. One yard or one meter, give or take.

Then it became clear that the virus could aerosolize, suspend in the air. Game changer. As masks supplies replenished, again, we were told to wear them. We now had the masks and a clear directive to wear them. What could go wrong...

Rebellion. Paranoia. Conspiracy theory. Platitudes about 'Freedoms' (TM). And that old scratching post: Entitled Grievance. Politicians of a certain conservative persuasion took hold of this and held on like an angler with a prize marlin on the line. And so did their television news network. Herman Cain emerged from under Trump's cloak, took off his mask and told us to do the same (and now he's dead, the ultimate freedom). Soon, people were no longer interested in pandemic prevention, or the fate of others, or masks.

A pandemic exploded. Hospital admissions surged to crisis levels. Triage became a regular thing. ER staff had to decide who would live or die. There was no longer any doubt: we needed mandates to avoid civic chaos.

We were FORCED to wear masks (or stay out of public places, like airplanes). Because so many of us are children who get cranky and tired, it had come to this.

Masking worked. Chaos was (mostly) avoided. The health care system buckled but did not collapse.

We should have CHOSEN to wear masks all along. There should never have been any need for MANDATES. But, we made them happen...

Because "Freedoms" (TM)

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

even if the graph is legit, i dont care
              Wow.

Comment

we live in a democracy which means majority rules (for the most part).
                Good to know! Here is the latest AP/NORC poll. The majority support the mask requirements on airplanes.

https://apnorc.org/projects/support-...ue-to-decline/

Your rules. So, are we done here?

Comment

Good to know! Here is the latest AP/NORC poll. The majority support the mask requirements on airplanes.

https://apnorc.org/projects/support-...ue-to-decline/

Your rules. So, are we done here?
                  What are you talking about? The poll shows only 33% of Americans support requiring masks on planes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	COVID_Graph2-2048x1758.png
Views:	69
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1135467

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

What are you talking about? The poll shows only 33% of Americans support requiring masks on planes.
                    You're reading it wrong. The red bar shows that only 33% of Republicans support it. The green bar shows the overall percentage: 56%

Comment

You're reading it wrong. The red bar shows that only 33% of Republicans support it.
                      That's what I said. Americans. Communists don't qualify.

(perhaps I should have used blue font in my previous post, and this one too)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

That's what I said. Ray-al Mericans. Commie-nists don't qualify.
                        Fixed. Blue font not needed.

Comment

• Interviews for this survey were conducted between April 14 and 18, 2022 with adults aged 18 and
                          over representing the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Panel members were randomly drawn
                          from AmeriSpeak, and 1,085 completed the survey—1,037 via the web and 48 by telephone. Panel
                          members were invited by email or by phone from an NORC telephone interviewer. Interviews were
                          conducted in both English and Spanish, depending on respondent preference. Respondents were
                          offered a small monetary incentive for completing the survey. The final stage completion rate is 18.8
                          percent, the weighted household panel response rate is 19.5 percent, and the weighted household
                          panel retention rate is 77.1 percent, for a cumulative response rate of 2.8 percent. The overall margin
                          of sampling error is +/-3.9 percentage points at the 95 percent confidence level, including the design
                          effect. The margin of sampling error may be higher for subgroups.

a whopping ONE THOUSAND AND EIGHTY-FIVE people surveyed out of 333,000,000. yup, evan would hang his hat on that.

not to mention, the vast majority of americans, including the 1085 surveyed, dont fly regularly if ever.

next, let's address how they lumped in "strongly or somewhat favor." so where strongly would be a 10 and somewhat would be say a 5, this survey tells you what exactly? sloppy work at best

then, let's address ignorance here. less than a majority were in favor in places where no hepa filtration is used. hmmmm?

then let's discuss where they got the participants from. amerispeak--an organization that PAYS people to take surveys. join and become a member. join and get paid up to $5!!!! oh, now we're talking hyper-reliability and a true cross-section of the american public!

and the obvious, democrats... nuff said.

Comment

Interviews for this survey were conducted between April 14 and 18, 2022 with adults aged 18 and
                            over representing the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Panel members were randomly drawn
                            from AmeriSpeak, and 1,085 completed the survey—1,037 via the web and 48 by telephone. Panel
                            members were invited by email or by phone from an NORC telephone interviewer. Interviews were
                            conducted in both English and Spanish, depending on respondent preference. Respondents were
                            offered a small monetary incentive for completing the survey. The final stage completion rate is 18.8
                            percent, the weighted household panel response rate is 19.5 percent, and the weighted household
                            panel retention rate is 77.1 percent, for a cumulative response rate of 2.8 percent. The overall margin
                            of sampling error is +/-3.9 percentage points at the 95 percent confidence level, including the design
                            effect. The margin of sampling error may be higher for subgroups.

a whopping ONE THOUSAND AND EIGHTY-FIVE people surveyed out of 333,000,000. yup, evan would hang his hat on that.

not to mention, the vast majority of americans, including the 1085 surveyed, dont fly regularly if ever.

next, let's address how they lumped in "strongly or somewhat favor." so where strongly would be a 10 and somewhat would be say a 5, this survey tells you what exactly? sloppy work at best

then, let's address ignorance here. less than a majority were in favor in places where no hepa filtration is used. hmmmm?

then let's discuss where they got the participants from. amerispeak--an organization that PAYS people to take surveys. join and become a member. join and get paid up to $5!!!! oh, now we're talking hyper-reliability and a true cross-section of the american public!

and the obvious, democrats... nuff said.
                            Wow, you are impenetrable TeeVee. No, sir, the polls did not enlist all Americans, but they ARE the gold standard when it comes to polling for data on social issues. As opposed to, say, a Fox News poll, which holds about as much weight as their ‘alternate truth’ news coverage.

Did I say “polls”, as in plural?
                            Yes I did. At least three other trusted polls found the same conclusion: Both the Harris Poll and the Morning Consult Poll upped it to 60% who favor masking on airplanes.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...s-suggest/amp/

(Last I checked, Forbes was not an ultra-liberal news source)

So that my argument. Now kindly tell us where you are getting your claim that the majority is against masking on airplanes?

Comment

Wow, you are impenetrable TeeVee. No, sir, the polls did not enlist all Americans, but they ARE the gold standard when it comes to polling for data on social issues. As opposed to, say, a Fox News poll, which holds about as much weight as their ‘alternate truth’ news coverage.

Did I say “polls”, as in plural?
                              Yes I did. At least three other trusted polls found the same conclusion: Both the Harris Poll and the Morning Consult Poll upped it to 60% who favor masking on airplanes.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...s-suggest/amp/

(Last I checked, Forbes was not an ultra-liberal news source)

So that my argument. Now kindly tell us where you are getting your claim that the majority is against masking on airplanes?
                              uh, let's see, maybe from people that ACTUALLY fly.

ignorance: "Only 48% of Americans said they were comfortable flying on an airplane even with the mask mandate in place, according to a Morning Consult poll from April 10, and a Harris poll conducted April 8-10 found only 35% of respondents would be comfortable flying on a plane that day given the Covid-19 pandemic."

lack of information and a whole shitload of disinformation has led most of the world to not know shit. americans i general are some of the least informed people on the planet. republicans included.

you miss the point, as usual. and per your usual, once you THINK you know something, nothing no matter how telling changes your mind.

bicycles...

Comment

uh, let's see, maybe from people that ACTUALLY fly.
                                Source, TeeVee. Come on, you claim to be a lawyer, you know how this works. You have to back things up or they have no merit.

And information derived from our most scientific and reliable polls is not 'disinformation'. It's an essential function of democracy.

It is what defends us from disinformation, things like "The majority of Americans are opposed to wearing masks on airplanes".

Comment

Working...
                                X